Differences between Librem 13 and Librem 15

Hi, I was looking at the product comparison page and I did not notice any difference between the features… except the battery life where the estimates for Librem 15 are higher.

So are the only differences the screen size and slightly higher battery life?

Librem 15 has 1 additional USB 3.0 and 1 additional USB 2.0 port and of course it is slightly heavier.

1 Like

Sounds good, but are those 2 things the only difference except the ones I mentioned? :slight_smile:

As far as I know, yes. I only have the Librem 15. I think if you plan to travel a lot or if you use a dedicated external monitor, the 13 is a great option

1 Like

Kinda silly that that’s the only differences. You’d expect better maximum hardware specs for the Librem 15. Otherwise what’s really the point of having both a Librem 13 and 15? May as well just pick one and stop manufacturing the other. Kind-of a waste of resources to manufacture two different models if they’re pretty much identical anyway.

I’d still buy the 15 though - bigger screen (and I’m accustomed to a 17" screen, so 13 would be wayyy too tiny for me) and probably better ventilation than the 13. Smaller usually means worse heat dispersal.

1 Like

Oh well… Thanks for the input anyone, I wish someone from the Purism team commented on this :slight_smile:

No, Librem 13v3 and Librem 15v3 have the same specs (except for the size and number of USB ports).

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation! I misread the battery life information, I recall the estimated minimum was higher for Librem 15, just an error on my part I guess :blush:

I don’t think it’s silly at all. It is basically one machine with two screen sizes to choose from. I’m sure Purism figured out a way to do this efficiently or they wouldn’t do it. In addition to overall size, there are a lot of other options to choose from when you build your machine, including memory, operating system(s), etc.

Fwiw, I don’t like small screens either, but if you travel a lot and/or work during your commute via plane, bus, train or ferry, a smaller machine is really nice and it’s pretty easy to plug into an external monitor for more screen real estate when you’re doing something visual.