Does Purism Respond to RMAs?

I received a notice from tracking that my L5 was delivered to Puri.

Puri asked me for copies of a lot of emails back & forth which was also delivered to Puri.

Is there a process they use to notify RMA senders that they are received it, working on it, might, maybe, or perhaps?

Because if they don’t and the deliver people fibbed and it’s not received, I have a limited amount of time to shake the mail carrier to find it and get it delivered.

Too, I’ve seen concerns raised by others that they didn’t hear back and queries were ignored which I’m certain are rare cases. I don’t like rare. I prefer well-done. :rofl:

2 Likes

No, but you can inquire about its status at any time during the process, at the expense of their time as well.

When I sent my phone back, I saw on the tracking that ‘Adam’ had received it. I figured that it would probably be fine and waited for a week. At the end of a week, I (politely) sent an email to purism asking what the status was on my phone. They responded fairly soon and we started figuring out getting it all diagnosed and repaired. I received it one month after contacting them.

2 Likes

I seem to get the idea that you are pointing out that if I do ask if they received it that I’m taking them away from something more important? If their time is that expensive then it’s worse than I thought. Well!, this is all about me. You do know that. Right!

Seriously. OMG
If there is that many phones for repairs that they can’t keep up - - - Yoiks
My walls look weird with all the writings on it.

Na Zdorovie
~s
p.s. The proverbial ‘they’ did email and asked for some copies of emails. I don’t know if they got that either.

1 Like

Purism is currently understaffed at the moment, so any inquiries sent to them may be delayed due to their lack of human resources:

Regardless of when and how they respond back to you, if at all, I would like to provide a friendly reminder to remain patient during these unprecedented times.

As I said, but will reiterate, if they didn’t get it and the delivery people err’ed, I will have a very small window with which to contact the Canada/USA postal services. Tracking said it was delivered. It didn’t say received.

~s

Being the longest moment I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Purism may not respond during the weekends, so you may receive an email response about whether your Librem 5 was successfully received or not by Monday. Postal services may also have similar business practices unless a private courier is used instead.

While you’re not wrong, let me offer another perspective on what you’ve written:

Despite Purism’s recent claims of very successful funding rounds and excellent liquidity, Purism chose to prioritize other investments rather than (re-)hire the amount of staff they’d require to keep up with warranty and customer support requests and to regain the trust of what is left of their customer base. So any inquiries sent to Purism may be delayed due to their business decisions.

That’s a very good point.

4 Likes

It was It was picked up by Canada Post on Thursday July 3rd at 2:39 pm.
USA carrier claims it was delivered Tuesday July 9th at 11:30 AM.
It’s been 3 business days sitting there - maybe. I won’t know until they tell me they have it.
It’s simply good business practice to do so.

IMO:ON
If they won’t or are too busy or too “understaffed” to let customers know progress, even that a RMA was received, is a sign of what owners of a L5 mean to Puri.
IMO:OFF
I lolve a good mystery - but not this kind.
~s

1 Like

Is this something you have as a informed employee of Purism or is it a guess?

What a extremely unique way to PO the customer base by ignoring owners of the L5.

It’s the customer base that purchased the phone that is helping to erode the very poor image of Purism. That and reviews.

Poor business image/reputation are not created, it is earned.

I am very very disappointed in Purism. It has been a extremely aggravating relationship.
~s
{EDIT typos}

1 Like

Why not ask JCZ (EDIT: JCS) to check on it for you (on Monday)?

(It doesn’t improve Support’s practices/communication, but at least you’d get an answer.)

1 Like

I’m just another disappointed customer, who thinks that the following statement is handwaving Purism’s responsibility:

Purism is currently understaffed at the moment, so any inquiries sent to them may be delayed due to their lack of human resources:

My issue with that statement is that the lack of human resources is not an unfortunate event that has happened to Purism, but Purism is directly responsible for it by firing people (as evidenced in other threads) and not re-hiring enough people (given the high number of recent reports of unresponsive support) even though Purism claims to have liquidity now (as evidenced in their latest posts).
That’s what I meant to convey.

My own L5 has been defective for months (crashes, freezes, Wi-fi breaking down, LTE breaking down), even though it used to work decently fine in the beginning. Given all those reports of Purism’s customer support being unresponsive, I’m at a point where I’m not even trying to get mine repaired, and just grudging along and speculating why I’m finding myself in that situation.

3 Likes

That’s speculation, or disinformation. Puri has had the phone for 3 full business days. A professional, or even mediocre operation internally tracks RMAs from date and time received to date shipped back to victim customer.

Benching RMA’s in favor of what? They have inventory now. Are they so busy piling them up for delivery they cannot or won’t honor their RMAs?

Any idea how long we wait now for someone to acknowledge they are working on it? Days, months, years?

AT&Ts servers went down in and taking thousands of web sites with it due to the hurricane. They had a excuse. Puri seems to be just poor management. Threw out the baby with the bath water.
Shameful
~s

2 Likes

First, they had 3 full work days to do the responsible thing and acknowledge they received it. They did ask for a tracking number. Oh oh - is that a cop-out I smell?
The difference between ‘Delivered’ and ‘Received’ is huge.

Poor management, poor systems and procedures (if any), poor accounting, and very very bad planning.

IMO. I think they’ll crash and burn. Right now, they’re just in a steep dive and can’t pull up due to lack of skilled pilots and ground crew - they bailed.

Who is “JCZ” any way? Doesn’t come up in my @jcz.

~s

1 Like

Sorry… I meant JCS: https://forums.puri.sm/t/community-engagement/21671

And, as I wrote before:

2 Likes

Never, based on my experience.

2 Likes

Really! Do tell. About how long has “never” been so far?

IMO:
Puri could be a great company with the right Captain at the helm. In Twitter, I saw a twit that suggested Musk (with a video showcasing) his new Tesla phone would go into production. I think it was a parody - hard to tell. Hope it’s true.

1 Like

My experience as a Purism customer started at January 6th, 2019, which was the date I preordered the Librem 5. Since then, I have sent in my Librem 14 back to Purism twice, with the first occurance during warranty to install a 3-cell battery with a second NVMe M.2 2280 bracket mount, and the second occurance out-of-warranty to install a CMOS battery, along with replacing the aforementioned 3-cell battery with a new equivalent. Between these two events, I have never asked for any status updates, and Purism has never provided me any.

Once Purism has fulfilled their tasks, they send the customer’s devices back with a DHL email stating they have been shipped, at least for Canadians and packages containing Lithium-ion batteries.

The tracking link you provided shows arrival of the package as of last Tuesday, yes. Hours of onsite operations are 0600-1400PST, Monday-Thursday. I have requested delivery confirmation from onsite operations, which will be back in the office Monday morning.

If I am asked to provide delivery verification, I will generally request related information such as RMA number, tracking number, etc. Forwarding the existing email thread seemed like the easiest route to me. This request was not to imply that the situation required a full-blown investigation.

If receiving does not, they should. I requested confirmation.

Purism is undergoing significant support staffing and infrastructure adjustments, and there is currently a support ticket backlog which is being prioritized. Please excuse the delays and dust as construction is completed.

3 Likes

I wish I had a response on my RMA request, which has been submitted on June 3, 2024.

2 Likes