Does the Librem 15 v4 have Bluetooth software out of the box?

I saw a thread that the v3 doesn’t have Bluetooth software out of the box because its not free. Does the v4?

1 Like

The v4 also dosen’t have Bluetooth packages out of the box.

1 Like

Since it’s software (well, firmware), all versions that have the hardware module would presumably receive it in the same update.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Purism or someone is working on an open source bluetooth driver that would comply with Purism’s approach?

Yes, I have seen at least one person post here that they are working on the firmware. My understanding is the driver is more or less complete and just needs the firmware worked on, which will likely result in the driver needing tweaked; but yes, it is being worked on. I believe it was @nicole.faerber I saw stating such, though if I am mistaken on that detail, my apologies.

2 Likes

@OpojOJirYAlG I think this may be the post you were referring to.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for that very detailed response. So, it sounds like I can just run your kernel patch and have bluetooth with only caveat being that I need a “ramps” configuration file. That doesn’t sound too bad. I am a web app developer and feel pretty comfortable with handling a config file.