DOSbox on Librem 5?

It seems like everyday I discover something new about the Librem 5. Just stumbled across this Purism video from July 2019 Runs on Librem 5, Day 22 - DOSBox. Never would of thought about putting DOSbox on a smart phone before. This is probably old news to a lot of you, but its gotten me very excited! :grin: Some of my favorite games run on DOS.

3 Likes

55 posts were merged into an existing topic: Open vs closed source debate

I like playing the old DOS version of Wolfenstine. It runs great in Dosbox. So it looks like when I get my L5, Iā€™ll be loading Dosbox and Wolfenstine on it.

2 Likes

Let me know how it goes. Iā€™m curious to see how well Dosbox operates on a touch screen. First game on my list is gonna be Conquest of the New World.

If the L5 had a working version of Space Invaders preinstalled, theyā€™d be selling like hotcakes!
:space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader::space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader::space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader::space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader::space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader::space_invader::space_invader:

1 Like

Hi !

Iā€™m currently in a retro phase and buy my old games together - step by step. I have now played DOTT on my desktop and would like to play it on the L5. I have installed the DOSBOX for this on the L5 and just fail because the DOSBOX does not recognize the keyboard correctly at all.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the keyboard to work?

I donā€™t think Squeekboard will work with Dosbox, it was never meant for this. You can try virtboard, because itā€™s done more like a keyboard.

Thanks for the hint!

That looks like some work @ dependencies :slight_smile:

DOSbox on Librem 5. Topic fork is your friend.

Done - youā€™re right, this thread started to carry two topics, and thatā€™s one discussion too many.

2 Likes

Remember Wolfenstine? The version that I like most runs well on a Linux PC under Dos Box. Looking forward to running it on my L5.

Wolfenstein (2009 video game) - Wikipedia

In the version I played, you start deep underground in a Nazi castle. When you make it to the surface, you win. Everywhere on all levels, youā€™re fighting Nazis.

If you set the difficulty level to the ā€œPlease Donā€™t Hurt Meā€ level, you have a good chance of winning. In the ā€œI am Death in Carnateā€ level, I can only rarely win.