E-mails to puri.sm bouncing

I have read your pinned post which says that these forums are not for technical support.
I also read the write-up which says how to send an e-mail to puri.sm correctly.
I have followed that procedure for sending you an e-mail.
However, no matter what I do, every e-mail I send to any e-mail address at puri.sm, I receive the following bounce:

This is the mail system at host XXXX. I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system [<support @ puri.sm>](mailto : support@puri.sm): host comms.puri.sm[159.203.221.185] said: 550 5.7.23 [<support @ puri.sm>](mailto : support@puri.sm): Recipient address rejected: Message rejected due to: SPF fail - not authorized. Please see http: // www.openspf.net/Why?s=mfrom;id=XXXX@XXX.XX;ip=XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX;r= (in reply to RCPT TO command)

The ip address of my e-mail server is listed in the domain’s SPF record and it sends e-mails to any other addressee without problems.

If I click on on the openspf link, my browser says it cannot connect to the web site.

I used to be able to send and receive e-mails from puri.sm, but no longer.

I only wanted to ask you for an update of my E batch device shipping date, since it is supposed to be in November and I have not heard from you.

1 Like

I’ll contact you via private message

3 Likes

I look forward to your PM reply. Also, any idea when I will have my phone? Thanks.

2 Likes

What is your order date?

17 November 2019

Then you are in for a long wait. In January, the original crowdfunders (backed the phone before the end of October 2017) will be advised of their delivery dates. From that information, once it becomes public, you can calibrate your own delivery date.

At this stage, keep looking at reliable information and be patient.

That’s just not good enough. I paid for the phone in 2019, when there was supposed to be a 6 month lead time. I realize this is a startup and there has been coronavirus, but I’ve actually been promised - apart from the many many missed delivery dates - a delivery in November 2020 via a private message by a representative of the company. I was told to just choose the modem and the item was ready to ship there and then. E-mails to the company are now bouncing, I’m not getting any answer to my private messages … and … further delay??? No thanks. In addition to the modem being a Chinese chip. In a phone which is supposed to be about privacy? Can Puri.sm please either sort itself out or issue me a refund. Thanks.

Are they still bouncing today? I gather they were bouncing in November last year. I can assure you that emails from me to Purism have worked in the intervening period - and I would infer that emails from hundreds of other customers to Purism have worked in the intervening period.

Email problems, particularly relating to anti-spam technology, can be difficult to sort out due to the number of parties involved and the different deliberate ad hoc breakages to original email functionality that anti-spam introduces.

I could probably help trying to get to the bottom of why Purism’s mail server is rejecting your emails. However that may involve your revealing certain details to me - and I would 100% understand if you don’t want to do that.

Alternatively, you can email check-auth@verifier.port25.com for an automated check of SPF (and other things).

You are right that the openspf.net service has been shut down and no longer works at all. Purism should update the rejection message. That shouldn’t make any difference to the problem however.

“it” - what reliable proof do we know of that it’s been isolated > https://lbry.tv/@theconsciousresistance:7/Has-COVID19-Been-Isolated--with-Dr.-Andrew-Kaufman-and-Dr.-Thomas-Cowan:e < 0

don’t stress to much i’ve received my Librem-Mini back in 2020 and it’s been running smoothly ever since and there have been free software updates rolling out daily (in PureOS-10-Byzantium) … the lower level software has received a steady care as-well … Purism is a serious company

i’ve sent a keyboard to one of the developers for an issue with my keyboard and it’s been promptly fixed …

I advised my shipping address to Joao Azevedo in a PM back in November, which was for the purpose of the company being able to ship the phone to me. I also enquired about the modem being Chinese at the time. I received no reply and no phone. I followed up again 18 days ago, received no reply, followed up again, still no reply. I also e-mailed the company directly. No reply.

support@puri.sm this is the alias for the support team … for anybody in particular you should ask around …

try to create a protonmail dot com account and see if you get through …

1 Like

In particular in that case … quote the order number and ask the response to be sent to the address on file. So you send to them using a temporary email account (to work around this undiagnosed problem) and they send to you using your correct email account.

What about a free Librem One email account (instead of Protonmail)? I guess they won’t be bouncing email from Librem One. :wink:

Librem One email isn’t free. The basic bundle only includes chat and social.

1 Like