Earth to Support

Sent an email 10 and 2 hours ago to support.

No answer. Anybody home?

(Then again if their email ain’t working, that could be the issue.)

If you are having problems with email, it may be better to contact support via direct message in this forum.

@joao.azevedo ?

It is selective. Not getting emails from a certain source. Can send and receive from others fine.

… means

• sender is getting an explicit rejection bounce message (in which case Support will want to see the bounce message), or
  • sender is getting a delivery failure message after X days due to failure to deliver (in which case, again, Support will want to see the failure message), or
  • email just vanishes

?

“Email just vanishes” can be caused by “sending mail system drops the email in the bit bin” and it can be caused by “receiving mail system drops the email in the bit bin” (but you as the recipient don’t really have a way of distinguishing those two situations).

I’m assuming that the destination domain is librem.one

It is often the case that you need to get the sender to complain at their end (since Purism may not be able to influence the first situation) while you would complain at Purism in order to eliminate (or confirm) the second situation.

I note that when I try to send email to librem.one directly from my computer, I get an immediate error

450 4.7.25 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [IPaddress]

where IPaddress is my WAN IP address but I have redacted it here (and such an error is not entirely unexpected given that the IP address is just from a random end-consumer address range).

I don’t get that error when I try to send email to librem.one from one of my legitimate outgoing mail servers. (However in either case Purism’s mail server is at least up and responsive on the internet!)

So straight off the bat if Purism’s “database” of appropriate IP addresses is incomplete, that could cause selective failure (but it should cause a bounce to the sender).

@tracy my colleague replied to you.

1 Like

It turns out these were a list-server. I had to log in to my account on that list server and unbounce myself. Then sent myself a test as follows. It came through:

PTTUZYVW RUTMJVA0000 0000000-UUUU–RUTRACY.
ZNR UUUUU
BT
UNCLAS CHANNEL CHECK RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYR
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOGS BACK 1234567890 TIMES

BT

NNNN

1 Like