I have set up Enigmail in Thunderbird. The encryption using the keys I import through the command line (
gpg --import pubkey.asc) works out of the box. However, when I try to import a key from a keyserver (done in Settings -> Enigmail -> KeyManagement -> Keyserver -> Search for Keys), I run into issues.
Although, I’m able to search for keys and the program finds them properly, whenever I try to select a key and import it from the keyserver, the program starts showing a progress, but nothing happens (not even after a long time waiting).
I have tried it in Fedora, where the import works in matter of seconds. On my friend’s purism laptop there is exactly the same issue.