Epiphany webapp on pureos does not save active session credentials

I just thought i will add it here as a discussion item since creating a web app for https://forums.puri.sm does not work.

I already filed an issue with the Gnome Browser team, but maybe someone here has figured out how to get an authenticated and active session going (logged in session) of this purism forum as a web app. The reason i am asking is that i am not a fan at all of having to reauthenticate myself as a user over the email link that is sent as a two factor authentication step (plus not supported by epiphany apparently when used as a web app).

I haven’t noticed this forum using two factor authentication on the desktop. As far as I know it is only a simple user and password combo in a browser. It should be simple enough to keep that stored in some master password app somewhere if you don’t want to constantly enter it on a phone.

Or if you do make it an app, you can name market it by “Having a little Captain in it.” (If a certain rum company doesn’t object.)

I think if you use LDAP i use the other authentication which requires email verification, that method is currently incompatible with Gnome Web Epiphany, even when copying in the authorization link directly in other URLs settings (works fine when not using webapps but i think that exactly the discriminating feature i love).

@tracy what browser are you using and OS?

I’m on Mint. When everyone here last year was badmouthing Firefox I asked for a recommendation, and was referred to LibreWoof (pun). The funny thing is after I uninstalled Firefox, any email link from T-bird would try to open LibreWolf but the URL wouldn’t take. Refusing to leave T-bird (I’ve tried Claws) every weekly update I did referred back to Firefox anyway. So I put Firefox back on 4 weeks ago. Now any links in T-bird work again.

Anyway now I have an order of precedence:

LibreWoof for casual browsing.

Firefox in case I need to click on an email link from T-bird.

And if I really REALLY need something to work, I use Chromium.

And weekly before using Update Manager, I run bleachbit then again as root. (I don’t know why all the news pundits call it it “expensive” software; it’s free on linux.)