Error installing PureOS

Hello, I had a problem during the installation of the OS. I choose the standard installation of PureOS and after downloading the following errors appear.
[ 1.2442841 ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [N_SB.PCIO.GPPO.U GA.LCD._BCM.AFN71, AE_NOT_FOUND (20200925/psargs-330)

[ 1.2444831 ACPI Error: Aborting method_SB.PCIO.GPPO.VGA.LCD._BCM due to pr evious error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200925/psparse-529)

[ 1.2446761 ACPI Error: Evaluating _BCM failed (20200925/video-357)

[ 1.506311] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: firmware: failed to load nuidia/gp106/nudec

/scrubber.bin (-2) [ 1.506315] firmware_class: See Firmware - Debian Wiki for informat ion about missing firmware

[ 1.5063281 nouveau 0000:01:00.0: firmware: failed to load nuidia/gp106/acr/b 1.bin (-2)

[ 1.546814] nouveau 0000:01:00.0: DRM: failed to create kernel channel, -22 modprobe: module imx_sdma not found in modules.dep modprobe: module of part not found in modules.dep

BusyBox v1.30.1 (Debian 1:1.30.1-6+b3) built-in shell (ash) Enter ā€˜helpā€™ for a list of built-in commands.

the computer has a Ryzen 3 2200G processor in an asus prime a320m-k motherboard. Video card gtx 1060 3gb. BIOS did not update.
Iā€™m writing through Google Translate, sorry for the mistakes.

1 Like

PureOS does not provide proprietary drivers/firmware for NVIDIA GPUs.

1 Like

Got it, the whole problem lies in the video card driver? If I switch to the video core of the processor will I be able to use this operating system or not? I found the following answer about gtx 1060, if you know, please let me know.

ā€œRegarding the Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU, PureOS will use the built-in Nouveau open source graphics driver rather than the proprietary Nvidia graphics driver (nvidia-driver ) from the default Debian repositories.ā€

I donā€™t know if it is allowed to leave links to third-party sites here, so I wrote this way. I found the answer by googling ā€œpureos invidia gtx1060ā€.

1 Like

The Nouveau firmware is failing to load.

I do not know what you are talking about or referring to, so I cannot determine if you will be able to use PureOS after.

I am talking about the fact that my processor can work instead of a video card. The whole problem is with the video card, so maybe if I turn it off and move the video output to the processor, the operating system will boot. Thanks for the answer, in my spare time I will try to run it without a video card and write what happened

1 Like

nouveau should have worked - at least enough for booting.

I have heard of nouveau failing to do the job with somewhat old and with very new nVidia cards. (Sorry, I am not up on my nVidia hardware so I donā€™t know whether your nVidia card falls into that category.)

Thatā€™s a good question.

For a start, is the integrated GPU even connected? Secondly, it may require a BIOS setting change to enable the integrated GPU.

Thirdly, as it is an AMD CPU, you may have just as many problems with proprietary graphics with the AMD integrated GPU as you have with the discrete nVidia GPU card.

What operating system are you currently running on this computer? Is it currently running Microsoft Windows?

2 Likes

Yes, Windows 10 is now running. And I went into the bios, it turned out that he turned off the video core of the processor after connecting the video card. I will try to enable it in bios when I find where. If it doesnā€™t help, Iā€™ll try to remove the video card. I hope the PureOS Plasma system will work, I tested it in VirtualBox and I liked it.

1 Like

OK, this is strictly a personal opinion but: if you are using ā€œrandomā€ hardware (i.e. not hardware supplied by Purism) and you are currently running Windows then PureOS is not your best first choice of Linux distribution.

What I would do is try out Ubuntu and see what parts of the hardware work because if something doesnā€™t work with Ubuntu then it is unlikely to work with PureOS. Then you can make a decision as to whether to replace Ubuntu with PureOS.

1 Like

What i see iis that Gnu Byzantium-Nouveau driver does not support gtx 1060, however you may try again on Gnu Crimson. However with this current issues you still may use it on Console.

Purism Community.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Ubuntu as my main OS for a year, Iā€™ve also tried Kali linux. I installed Windows 10 because it is needed for education.

1 Like

Under Ubuntu, are you using nouveau or the blackbox nVidia driver? If the latter then reconfigure Ubuntu to use the former and see whether Ubuntu still works. NB: You will need to use safe mode if Ubuntu no longer works - so make sure that GRUB is set up to make that easy.

If nouveau doesnā€™t work under Ubuntu then if you have to taint your install by using the blackbox nVidia driver then I think you would need to ask yourself why you would want to install PureOS and then taint it.

1 Like