Estimate your Librem 14 shipping

Well said.

Bumping topic. Anyone with L14 on the way?

And adding my status:
I ordered on August 6th 2020, 1 SSD.
I got address confirmation email on May 18th, replied same day and got confirmation.
No other information so far.

1 Like

Just going by some others I’m expecting 6 weeks after address confirmation despite being told “next week” via email each of the last two weeks. My email confirmation was also May 18. So it will be 4 weeks for me tomorrow.

1 Like

Off topic: Sent email to Purism and got reply that L14 could be shipped in August if I order it now.
I wonder is it possible to ship the L14 in August as I really need the laptop asap.
btw Anyone willing to sell their L14?

1 Like

Keep an eye on the forums, ocasionally someone will sell their pre-order or device received. You can also try to post that you are looking for one, hoping someone with a pre-order who wishes a refund sees it and sells it to you instead.
If you are not willing to wait longer than August, I recommend not buying it from Purism at this point. I ordered mine 2 months ago and I will consider myself very lucky if it is shipped by August. (Even though Purism said it would be shipped by June when I ordered it)

1 Like

Date Ordered: August 15, 2020
Address Confirmation Email: May 18, 2021
Receipt of Address Confirmation: May 18, 2021
Shipping Notification: June 17, 2021

7 Likes

Ordered - 17 May 2021
Status - Awaiting Shipment

2021, right??

Sorry, yes 2021 (I updated the post)

Ordered: 29 November, 2020

I ordered my Librem 14 on 18/09/2020.
Address confirmation on 01/06/2021.

I then added the PureBoot Bundle to my order by replying back and once I paid I got a confirmation on the 2nd with the updated order receipt on the 3rd. They said this will not affect my place in the queue.

I got a shipping number on 18/06/2021 with DHL Express delivery estimate to Australia being on 30/06/2021.

Just in time. I’ll arrive back home a few days before.

7 Likes

What hardware config did you order? Just curious because I ordered mine on September 6, 2020 and am still waiting on my shipping notification.

1 Like

My L14 config is; 14-cell battery, 1x16GB memory, 500GB NVMe storage, US plug, wireless card, and PureBoot Bundle.

I think the FIFO order is disrupted because the assembly team will work in batches. Let’s say 30 laptops each batch. They’ll get the next 30 orders in the purchase order, then they may group similar orders. But I think once they are assembled they are placed on the finished trolley (8 each trolley) and wheeled to the next stage (I.e. testing) where the next person or team will pick a random laptop to work on. Trolleys could pile up at a stage so the trolleys are also out of order. By the time the delivery notices are filed in, the 30 orders are no longer in order.

Or maybe (from the 30 laptop batch) they want to do the librem key bundles first to get them out of the way. Either way, I think you should get an email next week.

It seems like quite a big disruption, because I don’t have any new information.

Hardware config? Maybe there’s a problem component of, like @dean said, maybe they’re prioritizing all the key bundles? More info is always better.

Keyboard: Librem 14 v1 base - English (US)
Memory: Memory (dual slot) - 8GB (1x8GB)
Storage (M.2 SSD): Storage M.2 - 250GB (SATA)
Storage 2 (M.2 SSD): Storage 2 M.2 - None
Power Adapter: Power Adapter - EU
Wireless: Wireless - Included
Firmware: Firmware - Default (coreboot + SeaBIOS)
Privacy Screen
4 cell battery

Shipping to EU

I got address email confirmation the same day, so I imagine you are close to shipping as well? I don’t know if anything additional has to be done or arranged for shipping outside of the US?

@Honza and @Bass20, if your address confirmation email was in May, maybe email support about your order.

Hello to everyone,
So, after the confirmation email, we will have to wait about a month to receive the shipping email?