Estimate your Librem 14 shipping

Ordered November 7 2021
Shipping notice received December 10 2021

2 Likes

exactly same response i got.
going on 6 months now waiting for the refund after the request.
Like you said, interest free Loan.
How can you approach this through a lawsuit? because i already tried complains and its not working. i know there’s a lot more people in this situation
because i don’t think they will issue refunds, they literally stealing money like a ponzi scheme

Hi
Newer Librem 14 still come with hot fix?

no, the current batch has a slightly reworked board design without any fixes

3 Likes

Nice. Thank you @MrChromebox

Do you know if i can flash the chipset EC from inside on L14. Like flashrom -c EC-chip -p internal? or it just possible to flash it externally?

both. we provide a utility to flash internally (flashrom not supported) as you can flash externally via a SOIC-8 chip clip

2 Likes

WOW I’m surprised now.

Where is the link for the ec flasher?

EC source (including flashing tool): https://source.puri.sm/firmware/librem-ec

compiled flashing tool: https://source.puri.sm/firmware/releases/-/blob/master/tools/purism_ectool.gz

2 Likes

Did it arrive?

Yes it did, but the story is not over for me. I need the package to arrive to Moscow, Russia and so I decided to use a popular package redirecting service Shipito. They got the package and sent it to me with USPS, and the package is still somewhere in the middle between the countries. The delays were likely because of holidays, but another source of worries for me is the customs declaration. Last time I used Shipito, they offered me a webform to fill the long Russian customs declaration, but this time they only asked me to fill the US declaration (with only a couple of fields) and released the package away. So now I only watch the tracking and guess what will happen next.

1 Like

Hi there, just looking for some clarity & wondering what the current status with shipments/pending orders was: this thread has not updated in a while and in the meantime Purism has marked their delivery chart with 10 days for the Librem 14 (like their other in-stock products), following the announcement of their abandonment of JIT production for their laptops-- does this mean that everyone in this thread (and indeed everyone in the back-order line) has already received their machine, there is no longer any extant queue, and someone ordering a Librem 14 today can expect to see it shipped within the 10-day window? Does anyone have some fresh info on this?

@mafanga Thank you for your attention. I confirm that I finally received the package 2 days ago! Everything seems to be fine.

As I wrote before, the box was delivered to the US address owned by Shipito service long time ago. My plan was to let Shipito fill the long Russian customs declaration. In the end I think that 1) It was probably an overkill, because it seems that Russian customs have simplified the import procedure recently, Shipito knew this and they didn’t ask me to fill anything besides the short US declaration. The customs passed the box, so I payed the 15% russian tax in the post office just before they bring me the box (nice laws we do have) 2) Among the different shipping options offered by Shipito, I picked the USPS, they handed the package to the EMS Russian post, and they misspelled my home address! The package stalled for about a week, then I had to query the location of the package and went to their warehouse (a kind of a city central post office) by myself. But again, everything is fine in the end. 3) I bought an insurance from Shipito, so I felt somewhat protected.

1 Like

Just to add my data point:

• Date ordered: 2020-08-07
  • Shipping notification date (2nd): 2021-01-04
  • Delivery date: 2021-01-10

Additional notes:
I was contacted in 2021 (I believe mid-2021 but I lost the email) to confirm if I wanted the Librem 14 with a 4-cell battery shipped or to have it delayed for the 3-cell battery. At the time, I delayed it, expecting a 3-cell battery to be available within a couple of months. I contacted support on 2021-11-17 saying that I wanted to be placed back on the shipping queue, and would be okay with a 4-cell battery.
I want to stress that the time it took to deliver the product from my order date should be treated as an exception due to me delaying it once.

2 Likes

I would like to ask if I would make an order now for a Librem 14 with 64 GB RAM + 2 TB SSD. How long would it take to process the order and ship to my address? Do you have any experience? Thank you

The last one in this thread reported one month delivery time. I guess it’s safe to assume that everybody who ordered in December already has their device, as Purism is through the queue. It should now be less than a month.

1 Like

Orderd my Librem 14 on Dec 7, 2021 and it was delivered Dec 21, 2021. So pretty fast imo. I’d say go for it!

Granted, I had to send mine back due to some keyboard issues and pay shipping out of pocket, but the initial shipping was fast! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, since everyone is finally happily receiving their devices, maybe it time to process my promised and overly due refund?

I ordered in July 2020! Not kidding.

4 Likes

When I ordered a Librem 14 recently, the shop page said “Ships within approximately 10 business days”.

• Order date: 2022-01-13
  • Received “ready for shipping” email: 2022-01-25
  • Package arrived (DHL): 2022-01-28

So, in my case it was shipped within about 10 business days.

The laptop seems to work fine, so far.

5 Likes

From Twitter, redirect to Nitter

Purism: “More Librem 14 parts arrive, so laptops can ship to you in 10 business days. Watch out this space for more exciting news this weekend. This is going to be the best week to order your Librem 14!”

https://nitter.net/Puri_sm/status/1489043091822624770#m