Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

I’m Jan 29th and haven’t gotten any correspondence as of yet.

That’s fair. 3 weeks seems a little on the long side, but it indeed doesn’t give an ETA on shipping after the confirmation email. Then again, the majority of reports here are within a week or so, including emails sent after mine, which were shipped around Nov 4. Still, that means only a week or so delay, which the odd shipping requirements more easily explains.

1 Like

Yeah, oops, I’d originally thought I’d ordered Jan 2019, and when I looked it up and saw it was Dec, I changed the month, but not the year.

4 Likes

My order (Jan 22, 2019) with verification e-mail of Nov 22, 2022 “shipped” Nov 30 (“shipped” because it didn’t actually get to FedEx until the next day). Obviously coming by truck across country (California to Maryland) as it’s not expected to arrive until Dec 6. Photon’s is probably on the same truck; I would have preferred Planet Express! :wink:

I had the same thing, with the shipping label created on the 22, but not given to the carrier till the 23.

Order Date:          January 22, 2019
Verification Email:  November 22, 2022
Shipment:            November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   December 07, 2022 (estimation)
Destination Country: France
14 Likes
Order Date:          January  21, 2019
Verification Email:  November 21, 2022
Invoice/Shipment:    November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   December 02, 2022
Destination Country: USA

FedEx Ground had it only for 2 days, so not so bad. They insisted that they would require a signature, but as they almost always do at my place (up in the Sierra Nevada), they just left it at my garage door.

17 Likes
Order Date:          January  25, 2019
Verification Email:  NaN
Invoice/Shipment:    NaN
Librem 5 Received:   NaN
Destination Country: CH

Still the message: Librem 5 - To be determined based on CPU availability. Please check back later.
:frowning:

1 Like
Order Date:          January 14, 2019
Librem 5 Received:   December 05, 2022
Destination Country: Germany
15 Likes

Order Date: January 4, 2019
Verification Email: November 7, 2022
Address Verified: November 9, 2022
Shipment: November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received: December 6, 2022
Destination Country: Germany (Import tax & DHL handling: 134,11 Euro)
BTW: At Purism’s website under “My Account” it still says:
“Order Status: Awaiting Shipment
Estimated Shipping Date: Librem 5 - To be determined based on CPU availability. Please check back later.” (!!!)

13 Likes
Order Date:           January 29, 2019
Verification Email:   December 7th, 2022
Shipment:             December 12th, 2022
Librem 5 Recieved:    December 20th, 2022
Destination Country:  Canada
6 Likes

Yes, Planet Express might have been a better shipping choice. When FedEx advised my expected delivery date was Dec. 7, I put a vacation hold on deliveries as I had to travel out of state. So, obviously, for the last two days (Dec. 6 & 7) they’ve been trying to deliver it anyway. I suppose it will be returned to Purism before I get back home, and I’ll have to contact customer service and wait some more.

UPDATE: Lucky, I guess, but FedEx delivered this morning, 12/9.

2 Likes

Did you get a verification email yet? It seems raenrfm below got one and he ordered 4 days after you. He was only one day before me so hopefully I get one in the next few days.

Order Date: December 28, 2018
Address Verification: October 31, 2022
Shipped: December 2, 2022
Received: December 8, 2022
Because I ordered the SIMple, my phone was being held until such time as the SIM problems are rectified. I finally emailed support who offered to send the phone order and later send the SIM order when the problems are solved. I received the phone and will familiarizing myself with it and (since I do not use the “cloud” I’ll be hand entering stuff like contacts and calendar data.

10 Likes

Order Date: January 22, 2019
Verification Email: November 22, 2022
Invoice/Shipment: November 30, 2022
Librem 5 Received: December 09, 2022
Destination Country: USA

14 Likes

There’s an import app for contacts.

3 Likes

[Update]

Order Date:          January 22, 2019
Librem 5 Received:   December 07, 2022
Destination Country: France
Taxes : 139,50 € (122,00 TVA + 17,50 Frais additionnels de dédouanement DHL)

Thank you to Purism, and thanks for this thread, it helps to wait…

15 Likes

Special orders vary, and may delay shipping: my address verification was emailed back this last summer(July 2022), but I ordered AweSIM and my shipping seems to be delayed because of the changing of service provider for AweSIM. No worries on my part as when I receive my L5 the software will be farther along than last summer :wink:

It has been fun just watching all the L5s being shipped out and knowing that there is Linux phone dev and support happening with all our support!

6 Likes

Finally I have something to report :slight_smile:

Order Date:          January 29, 2019
Verification Email:  December 07, 2022
Shipment:            December 12, 2022
Librem 5 Received:   December 19, 2022
Destination Country: Italy
Taxes: 145.32€
12 Likes

After some issues with shipping (being told I missed the delivery when no one actually stopped by my house), it’s finally here! See my order details below:

Order Date: January 19, 2019
Verification Email: December 07, 2022
Shipment: December 13, 2022
Librem 5 Received: December 16th (really, it should’ve been December 15th)
Destination Country: Canada

I genuinely feel like a kid on insert special gift-receiving day here and can’t wait until the rest of you patient people receive your phone! Time to go play around with it some more; have a great weekend everyone!

15 Likes