Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

My order is 30/01/2019 and I haven’t received “The Mail” yet

1 Like

Mine was a day before you on 30/1/2019 and I have not yet received a confirmation email. However, someone on 29/1/2019 has as of December 7, 2022. So we are almost two weeks later and it seems like there have not been anymore confirmation emails since those for Jan 29 and before.

Shipping isn’t strictly monotonic, the exact order may depend on region to ship to, whether there were some accessories selected etc; some devices may even ship independently from Europe, and I believe confirmation e-mails are being sent in small batches anyway. So while other people’s order dates can give you a pretty good approximation of where in the queue is your order, it’s not an exact data point that can be simply extrapolated like that.

9 Likes

Yeah, but unfortunately it’s the best information available to work with at this time.

2 Likes

Order Date: January 22, 2019
Verification Email: November 22, 2022
Invoice/Shipment: December 16, 2022
Destination Country: USA
Librem 5 Received: December 22, 2022

Shipment delayed because of some problem with AweSIM company.

13 Likes

Blog post with some estimates:

5 Likes

Forgot to update this thread

Order Date: January 28th 2019
Verification Email: December 7th 2022
Invoice/Shipment: December 12th 2022
Destination Country: USA
Librem 5 Received: December 20th 2022

13 Likes

So, the verification mails for January 29th orders were sent beginning of December. And after that things stalled. Wonder what happened there…

It appears so. My order was the following day on Jan 30 2019 and I have yet to receive a confirmation email.

3 Likes

+1
Same for me

1 Like

I think holidays happened.

4 Likes

We have been steadily increasing the number of Librem 5s we can process each week, and as of this post, we have shipped the majority of Librem 5s from the E3 batch, and at the current rate will likely finish shipping that batch some time in early February 2023.

https://puri.sm/posts/where-is-my-librem-5-part-2/

Well, whatever it is, clearly this goal is at risk. At this point it already looks like I’m going to be in the 4 year club waiting for my phone.

Part of why this thread exists is due to the inaccurate estimates by Purism. From what I’ve seen more people have been able to reasonably estimate their shipping date from this thread than from any official announcement from purism. Sure during the stops and starts of shipping this thread loses accuracy, yet somehow community tracking of members choosing to disclose their actual shipping dates is more accurate than Purisms own estimates, and at times like this serves as an early indicator that the date is slipping instead of the silence Purism has provided in the past during times of upcoming missed goals.

Much love for the members choosing to post and make this possible.

8 Likes

If so, their holiday season started early. And is it is still going.

Actual shipping dates do tend to be more accurate than simple estimates. :wink:
(To state the bleedin’ obvious. Lol!)

2 Likes

Sure, the point was not that the tracked actual dates were more accurate, but rather that estimates based on that information has been more accurate than estimates announced from purism most of the time :confused:

1 Like

From what I recall of last year, there was a similarly long gap around this time. Maybe my memory is off, I haven’t scrolled up to check, but as I recall there was a long lull for the holidays then a slow ramping back up. Doesn’t necessarily mean this year will be identical but it’s not the worst reference if my memory isn’t too far gone.

2 Likes

You have to take into account the many countries Purism employees occupy.

Order Date: January 30th, 2019
Verification Email: January 18th, 2023
Invoice/Shipment: January 24th, 2023 (DHL)
Destination Country: France
Librem 5 Received: January 31st, 2023
Taxes 119 €

6 Likes

You should have received that email today. Well on the on my timezone you should have received that email on the 18th of January.

The main criteria is order date. But it has happened before having a supply delay on modems for a specific region. And then having to catch up when resupplied. And while we try to have a regular cadence on the shipping batches, this is not always possible.

It ended already. But the period of xmas/end of the year and first couple of weeks of January, besides the holidays, we have inventory, catching up on orders of other products from the holiday period, preparing phones to be assembled and flashed and several other tasks.

EDIT: Another factor to consider is that there where months in which there were more orders.

6 Likes