Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

It’s a pin hole fuel failure. It’s news today because it happens so rarely. In the 70s it happened all the time.

Seems like they had no money for it, but this looks promising. If I had extra money laying around, I would put a grand at least.

1 Like

First I got this e-mail and almost decided to put one or two k$ into these notes, then I read the FAQ and looked up the definition of accredited investor… Looks like it’s kinda hard for ordinary people to use this opportunity legally (though I don’t know whether someone really checks the investor’s status if we speak about little amounts of investments).

1 Like

I suggest that discussion of the Convertible Note investment is better here: Purism Investment Opportunity Email

1 Like

Price-gouging and hoarding of chips in China: https://www.theregister.com/2021/08/04/china_probes_automotive_silicon_distributors/

(May be affecting supply chain.)

2 Likes

4 point 4 million US Dollars? that’s a LOT!

2 Likes

Any new updates for September? I still have not received the September email regarding if I will get my Librem 5 in October or not… But then again, since people got theirs in this month and are still getting them from 2017 and 2018, I still have to wait, I guess…

It’s great that the devices have started shipping again.

4 Likes

@amarok, what do you know you already received your L5 ages ago :smiley:

4 Likes

I want all the devs out there to get their L5s so they can start building me some new apps to use. :rofl:

9 Likes

I would love to get my hands on it and get Cutie Shell working well on it.

2 Likes

if you need it that fast just go on fiverr :brain:

1 Like

I’d recommend patience. There’s a huge set of orders placed in Oct 2017, and I’m guessing they’re still being served. And I swear I’m not obsessive just because I ordered in 2018.

You know, you can probably start work on this by downloading a QEMU image and hacking on that a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

But the good news is that the waiting is nearly over. As it said in the September update:
“We will send a separate email later in September to each of you with a firm delivery date for your Librem 5 order.”

So, just a couple more days and there will be no more need for guessing or estimating - this thread will be obsolete by the end of this week.

1 Like

Hope dies last :grin:

4 Likes

Time to start a new thread. “Estimate your Librem 5 email estimating your Librem 5 shipping. Title is a working progress” :wink:

8 Likes

Well, technically speaking, they wrote only that they are going to send the e-mails till the end of September. We could estimate how long the emails gonna be in transit

5 Likes

I like your precision :joy:

They might have set up an internal relay system for the emails which will keep them bouncing back and forth until Purism feels ready :rofl:

2 Likes

Nonsense. What about that people just post here as I do now:

order date: October 9, 2017
address/modem confirmation mail: September 20, 2021
tracking number mail: September 29, 2021
arrival date: October 1, 2021

order date: October 7, 2017
address/modem confirmation mail: September 27, 2021
tracking number mail: September 29, 2021
arrival date: October 1, 2021

5 Likes

They still have a few thousands to go until the end of the prefund campaign. Wait and see :smirk: