Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

One of my phones currently has a different WiFi module mounted indeed, but at this moment there’s no change when it comes to shipped devices.

4 Likes

Thank you. Please tell us how that chipset works unlike the redpine signal? will Purism sell this chipset in the future?

1 Like

It’s way too early to say anything, it’s best to ignore it for now until some decisions are actually made :wink:

3 Likes

Great. Thanks.

I forgot something, do you know how to check the pcb-revision number on Librem 5?
At few months ago i see Eric kuzmenko updating the revisions of L5, but I do not know what revision number my Evergreen it is…it is somewhere?

Until now, only v1.0.2 and v1.0.3 Evergreens have ever been shipped, and IIRC these two differ only with some minor layout changes to make production easier (schematics are exactly the same).

I believe the PCB version should be also printed on its silkscreen.

4 Likes

You are right. So my 1300 was close estimated.

2 Likes

Any comments on the v1.0.6 Evergreen?

2 Likes

So, have any of those 1,100 phones shipped out yet? I would’ve expected some posts here in the past couple weeks…

Possibly this one? Elementary gestures like context menus? - and other first impressions

And this one? https://teddit.net/r/Purism/comments/shchxw/hells_snowstorm_part_two/ (previously posted as: https://old.reddit.com/r/Purism/comments/sgzh8i/hell_has_officially_had_a_snowstorm/)

We’re currently at v1.0.6.1, and that’s what the newly arrived batch is (from what I know no v1.0.6 phones were ever shipped). The only functional changes since v1.0.3 that I’m aware about are improved GPS sensitivity and a change regarding DP AUX channel that could improve compatibility with some USB-C peripherals.

5 Likes

Here you go:

• Oct 22, 2017: Order placed and confirmed.
  • Sep 19, 2019: Batch preferences: Birch, Aspen, Chestnut – result: Evergreen
  • Jan 12, 2021: Announcement “we will be providing shipping estimates within the next week to the backers within the original crowdfunding campaign (orders through October 2017)” – which didn’t happen
  • Jan 24, 2021: When I asked about the above, reply was: “expect to publish this update this week” – which didn’t happen
  • Feb 2, 2021: “You should receive that email today.” – which didn’t happen
  • Sep 8, 2021: Email announcement; “We will send a separate email later in September to each of you with a firm delivery date for your Librem 5 order.” – which didn’t happen
  • Oct 5, 2021: Reply to another inquiry: “hope that we can reach your order in the next two months.” – which didn’t happen
  • Nov 8, 2021: Webshop shows: “1st Quarter 2022” (spoiler: it happened)
  • Jan 20, 2022: I asked what is meant by “our estimated shipping times are more accurate than ever”?
  • Jan 20, 2022: Reply was a request to confirm shipping address, address confirmed, modem selection the same day.
  • Jan 27, 2022: Notification “ready for shipping” and tracking number received.
  • Jan 31, 2022: Delivered by DHL (Germany)
  • Jan 31, 2022: Phone: “Enter disk decryption passphrase”, Quick Start Guide: “0x20”.
13 Likes

Well must say that is good news. My order was Dec 2017 and my order details are saying “Librem 5 - 1st Quarter 2022” so maybe it will arrive before mid-year :slight_smile:

Oh dear, I backed on Oct 20, 2017. I haven’t heard anything. My order in the web shop says: “Estimated Shipping Date: Librem 5 - please contact support for information”. I did that a while ago, but never got a reply. How disappointing. :disappointed:

1 Like

Have you checked your spam folder? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes of course, I check it from time-to-time anyway even if I am not expecting anything.

2 Likes

Looks like another new one: https://teddit.net/r/Purism/comments/slx884/unable_to_update_software_on_librem_5/

1 Like

I’d definitely try again now. Might be just an oversight.

3 Likes

Thanks for the data point @stephan. Given that one, we have moved forward quite a bit

UPDATE: I have now removed the “trend line”, people were taking it way too serious.

12 Likes

Out of curiosity, did you have to pay import duties/VAT/…? What was the shipping experience like?

1 Like