Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

“summer 2018” Have we confirmed that people up to this date have 1st quarter 2022 ship estimates?

We have confirmed that shipping continues for around the last month and started with between 2600-2800 devices already shipped. If we start calculation with 2600 and add the new 1160 that will be shipped (as i linked in my last post), that we are at around 3700 devices. That’s even late summer.

But we don’t know numbers exactly, that’s why I don’t write more accurate with concrete month. It’s better to think conservative (less devices will be shipped) to be happy later, if even more L5 got shipped.

1 Like

Here’s my thinking. Anyone who got a 1st quarter 2022 shipping estimate already has a CPU allocated; those with a TBD estimate don’t have a CPU allocated. This is why I’m wondering about the latest order date for 1st quarter 2022 estimates.

Order Date: November 24, 2018
Estimated Shipping Date: Librem 5 - 1st Quarter 2022

Haven’t heard a peep from Purism - for about the last half month I’ve been slowly accepting that they’re going to miss the 2022 Q1 shipping estimate.

I’ve thought about reaching out to them since I have a Q1 estimate but haven’t heard anything yet.

1 Like

That’s my understanding as well.

2 Likes

Today received my Librem-5 ordered Oct 21, 2017
Confirmation mail was one week ago.

9 Likes

I’m assuming many of you also received the email overnight from Purism outlining some optimism with regard to their sourcing of cpu’s?

Most likely a pep talk but a welcome sign

2 Likes

Yup, but I ordered Jan, 2019 so I still have a decent wait.

I just received this today and thought this might interest you. My order is still TBD but will be checking it later.

Dear xxx,

Thank you so much for your patience as we overcome the CPU shortages. As we are able to source components, in particular CPUs, we are manufacturing new batches of Librem 5s. We just completed a new large batch. We have already started contacting the next customers in the queue for their updated shipping address. We expect to fulfill a lot of Librem 5 orders in the next few months.

We are dedicated to fulfilling all of our orders as soon as we can. While we already have large CPU orders in place with a longer lead time, we also continue to spot buy CPUs as they show up on the market, and the current outlook seems better for our CPU supply than in the past. In addition to contacting customers as their order comes up, we are working to calculate accurate shipping estimates for the rest of the orders we can fulfill with our current batch.

In the coming weeks we intend on updating the order status on our shop for customers who will be part of the current large batch. Once we complete updating this status we will send out a new email to those Librem 5 customers so they can check their own status. We thank you for your support as we continue to innovate on software to advance the mobile free software ecosystem.

Thank you!

January 2019 order.

7 Likes

Yeah, got the same email. I appreciate the communications. It does sound like things are continuing to shake loose.

I’m in the Q1 2022 group. not expecting it by end of March though. But, hopefully it isn’t too much further out, maybe in April ?! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t there a second large batch too that was referenced here, Reddit, Twitter, or Mastodon?

We’re currently shipping through the batch that had its photos posted on social media some time ago (it still required assembly and testing which took some time). More are coming, but that’s still the future :wink:

10 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread, I find it quite interesting to see the progress (and was afraid we lost you during those years :-)). Updated the chart.

8 Likes

I found that the AP6275S_NVRAM_V1.2.1_20200311 firmware had working WiFi, but AP6275S_NVRAM_V1.4_20201116 did not scan (although other devices could see it in hotspot mode). Neither had Bluetooth. It might have something to do with where I found those files. Also, the right U.FL cable could be 2mm longer in Evergreen (although the extra length is available by rerouting the cable under the middle cover). Bitch models had plenty of length to spare.

Today I’ve received the long awaited email from Purism. :laughing:
I need to confirm my shipping address and if I wanted to add some accessories to my order. :white_check_mark:

My order date is: 17 Januari 2018.
I’ll post any updates here as soon as there is any progress made in the process.

13 Likes

Just received the shipping email.
Order date: 11 January 2018

9 Likes

Into 2018!!! Great news.

6 Likes

Wait - what? :open_mouth: My order date is October 19, 2017, and so far I only got my address confirmation e-mail (in October 2021). Up to now I was just a bit envious, when I saw people with order dates after mine reporting shipping e-mails (or receiving actual phones). But I thought it might be somewhat difficult for purism to process orders exactly in order, since they might be doing things in parallel. Yet I’d expect them to ship first to those who participated during the crowd funding period, before serving those who ordered afterwards. Is anybody else with an October 2017 order still waiting for the shipping e-mail?

1 Like

As always, it is useful to do two things.

• Confirm whether your email is working e.g. in terms of whether Purism’s email was eaten as spam or e.g. whether your email address has changed in the ensuing 4 years
  • Contact Purism support in order to enquire as to whether there is a problem with your order.
1 Like

I’ll contact you via DM

4 Likes