Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Because I am still waiting mine:
order date: Oct 22, 2017
address mail: Feb 14, 2022 (reply on the same day)
Mars 02, 2022: contacted support about shipping status:
⇒ estimation: shipping within the week
Mars 15, 2022: contacted support about shipping status again since the week was over
⇒ new estimation: shipping within 2 weeks

We are in the second week, so I’m still waiting :wink:

Same with me. Starting today, I’m into 4th week of waiting after confirming on my address etc. details to Purism. Order date is 23rd Oct, 2017.
I was told creating shipping label to my country (i.e. Canada) is a manual process and takes longer. Apparently and interestingly, for some odd reason, shipping label creation for shipping to Canada is a manual process. And is taking forever to get created …

Whatever happened to you won’t miss your turn in the order list … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Recipient writes:

“Mon 21 March 2022
In February 2018 I placed an order for a Librem 5. Today it finally arrived.”

https://incoherency.co.uk/blog/stories/librem5-first-impressions.html

For discussion, go to the linked thread below:

7 Likes

Mine still says the estimated shipping is “Librem 5 - 1st Quarter 2022,” but no email regarding modem, etc. I’m trying to not be as anxious as a kid at Christmastime.

What is your order date?

Here are my dates for my Librem 5 USA:

Order Date 2017-09-03T00:00:00Z (L5) / 2019-12-09T00:00:00Z (L5 USA upgrade)
Address Confirmation Email Date 2022-03-22T00:00:00Z
Shipment Date (Tracking number provided) TBD
Delivery Date TBD

I first got an address confirmation email back in 2020 (I think it was around Q2?) and I delayed my order shipment for CE/FCC certification at the time.

4 Likes

Woah… big brain here. Problem is I don’t setup a voicemail cause its a PITA to listen to the message. Just text me lol.

2 Likes

@stak, Did you receive any further update?

Sadly there is still no update on the shipping / arrival date.
I’ve asked support for an update and they replied that due to my order for the accessories ( 2 spare batteries and 1 power bank) my shipment has been slightly delayed. :roll_eyes:

@shopping4purism , Thanks for sharing the update.
Interestingly, my order also has battery and a modem and my shipment is delayed too. So, thinking it through, looks like they are short on batteries.

No, I did not receive any update.
I also ordered an additional battery, a privacy screen and OpenPGP Card.
The selected modem is the T1 and the phone should be shipped to Europe.

Order Date: 23rd Oct, 2017
Shipment confirmation email: 25th Feb, 2022
Shipment email: 24th March, 2022

5 Likes

Turns out I was wrong. There is no issue with the stock. Looks like they are trying their hardest to meet the deadlines. So @shopping4purism, @stak, you should also receive your email soon.

6 Likes

Order date: 2017-10-25
Shipping questionnaire: 2022-02-21
Shipping Tracking Number: 2022-03-22
Received: 2022-03-25 (EU)

9 Likes

Batteries outside the device, like an extra battery (and as far as I know that also includes powerbanks) are considered by some carriers as “dangerous goods”. Which requires extra paperwork for the carriers, that needs to be added to the order documentation. And usually in such cases (and a few others) labels need to be created manually.
Sadly there is a lot of bureaucracy in shipping internationally.

3 Likes

Also in the past we had clients with orders from 2017 that asked to delay their order until we had devices with FCC/CE certification completed. That certification has been completed, and (relating to the previous post) we have all the shipping documentation for FCC/CE units now.
So in the next few weeks we will be shipping these orders from 2017 of users that asked to wait for FCC/CE units.

10 Likes

Hi Joao,

Thank you for explaining the reason for the delay.
Although I’m very keen to receive the L5 ASAP: What needs to be done, must be done. :+1:

3 Likes

Librem 5 USA

Order Date: October 21, 2017
Order Status: Awaiting Shipment
E-Mail address confirmation: still waiting !!!

booo !!!

2 Likes

Finally I have some data to add:

Backing date: 2017-10-20
Shipping questionnaire: Never received (possible e-mail configuration issues)
Shipping e-mail: 2022-03-22
Arrival date: 2022-03-29

It took several interventions by @joao.azevedo and others within Purism to get the shipping process underway. Like @stak I ordered an additional battery. DHL initially put the shipment on hold as dangerous goods, even though Purism is authorized to ship loose batteries, but they released it the following day. (DHL told me that Purism hadn’t sent them the paperwork for the battery, but I have had so much trouble with DHL lately that I’m quite prepared to believe that the problem was with them, not Purism.) The shipment left Los Angeles, went via Cincinnati, and literally 15 minutes ago departed from Leipzig, Germany, hopefully on its final hop to my nearest DHL hub in the UK.

Hopefully this will give some hope to people who backed/ordered around the same time as me.

UPDATE 2022-03-29: I have just had a notification that the package has been delivered! :grinning: I’ll pick it up tomorrow, and hopefully I will have time at the weekend to play with it.

13 Likes