Estimate your Librem 5 shipping

Long time lurker first time poster! I wanted to toss my info into the ring now that I have received my Librem 5.

Order date: 7/30/2018
Received: 5/17/2022

I did receive an email asking me to confirm my address before shipping and I think it was a window of time to respond, I would assume to not just have a perfectly good phone sitting there that could go to others that are waiting for it. If anyone has ordered before me I would reach out to support to see about getting yours.

16 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s incredibly depressing. But thanks for the info.

updated chart, guestimating the number of shipped devices from the surrounding dates.
You got a L5 that you ordered in July 2018? That seems quite some jump in order time given the latest data point. Was that a L5 USA or some other special case, or have we really reached July 2018? (even that would still make for some depressing lead times :-))

4 Likes

Depending on you expectations, it can be depressing or reassuring :wink:

2 Likes

True! Slow and steady wins the race! Progress of any kind is welcome :]

1 Like

My concern is that for some reason the chip goes EOL and they cannot fulfil the rest of the orders. The longer it goes the more likely that is to happen.

Part of the logic of using an automotive chip could be to reduce the likelihood of an EOL issue. Cars are expected to have much longer lifetimes than your typical throwaway Android phone. Automotive is second only to the military in that respect.

2 Likes

That is a good point, thanks for pointing that out. Iā€™m just super anxious to get my hands on mine.

Apparently, NXP promises 15 years of production for the i.MX 8M series as reported by amosbatto in this post :
https://forums.puri.sm/t/i-mx-8m-quad-availability-and-prices-in-2022/17014/2

3 Likes

Ah thanks for digging that out for me.

FWIW we do appear to be 5 years into that 15 year cycle.

Hopefully Iā€™ll have at least 5 years with my phone before the chip is EOLā€¦jkā€¦donā€™t @ me itā€™s a joke.

2 Likes

Since weā€™re starting to see orders into 2018 now being fulfilled, I was curious if anyone has seen their delivery estimate go from TBD to an actual upcoming quarter. For reference, I ordered in July 2019, still TBD.

Thanks!

May 2019 TBD. I donā€™t expect this to change until at least Q3 of this year from what Iā€™ve seen in this topic.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen a change in status and I ordered in January 2019. Still TBD.

1 Like

When I received the shipping confirmation email, my status still showed the estimated shipping as quarter 1 of 2022. The status didnā€™t change until it actually shipped. So checking your email is more important.

1 Like

Noted but I donā€™t even have an email yet with a estimated shipping period but will keep that in mind when I eventually do receive one.

Please have a quick estimate:

I have ordered October 12, 2020 (EU version) and have a confirmation, itā€™s paid.

Shouldnā€™t it have arrived already??

You ordered in Oct 2020. I ordered nearly 2 years earlier. I donā€™t have much expectation of a delivery before six months are up because people who ordered in early 2018 are still waiting! To answer your question, yes, it should have been delivered, but there is a long queue. It isnā€™t a good look, but things seem to be progressing so I hang in.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the swift reply! Appreciate it.
So we have to wait ā€¦ ok. Have to accept.
Am a little concerned since there are 2 years of backlog before my order may become proceeded. Quite a lot. Translates to quite long time I assume.
However ā€¦