External battery charger for Librem5

I think that you gave your best to recover your Librem 5 from cannot power on state, please reach out for professional help at support@puri.sm, as you and @carlosgonz supposed already it seems like some particular hardware issue (I just hoped it isn’t).

Didn’t check yet, but I think it should.

uuu -lsusb
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips – lib1.4.193

Connected Known USB Devices
Path Chip Pro Vid Pid BcdVersion
==================================================
2:1 MX8MQ SDP: 0x1FC9 0x012B 0x0001

1 Like

Yes checking with support as well.

And looks like vid and pid can be different, thanks for checking.

1 Like

jumpdrive is not really able to mount eMMC.
Can you point to SD card with SO steps or something?

I do not agree at this point as my phone VID and PID are the very same ones as yours.

Sorry I meant vid and pid mentioned in .lst file:
U>CFG: SDP: -chip MX8MQ -compatible MX8MQ -vid 0x316d -pid 0x4c05

1 Like

USB Vendor ID 316D recognizes Purism, SPC as the USB Vendor and manufacturer of devices. For example Librem key PID is 4C4B.

It fine that Jumpdrive can not mount the eMMC because the eMMC it CORRUPTED, but Jumpdrive can expose the memory(eMMC) for gnu-tools “parted” to formating to clean.
I not sure how Jumpdrice work on Librem 5, because i never needed. give me some time then i can troubleshooting .

1 Like

Yes I hope that too:

sudo parted /dev/sdb
GNU Parted 3.4
Using /dev/sdb
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type ‘help’ to view a list of commands.
(parted) p
Model: JumpDriv e eMMC (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 31.3GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
1 5243kB 493MB 488MB primary ext2 boot
2 493MB 31.3GB 30.8GB primary ext4

(parted) q

1 Like

Wow good job! Thank you @Quarnero
@librem5 you can use too the app “gparted” for easy for you, just delete all partitions to clean of the emmc-L5

1 Like

@librem5, please check out if this page helps to you any further: https://arm01.puri.sm/job/u-boot_builds/.

1 Like

Should jumpdrive finish with success ?

It never shows eMMC. (same with gparted)

sudo fdisk --list /dev/sdb
fdisk: cannot open /dev/sdb: No medium found
1 Like

I not sure how Jumpdrive work on Librem 5, maybe the Jumpdrive for Librem 5 depend on a good eMMC if so then Jumpdrive will not work with you. As I said before i not tested Jumpdrive to Librem 5 yet, seem it work different than Pinephones.
@Quarnero how you runned Jumpdrive on your L5? Like you burned a sd card with jumpdrive or you just run the jumpdrive in your computer then plugged to L5 on flash mode?

Ah yes I know how to run jumpdrive on Pinephone.
But for Librem5 instructions are:
1. Put phone in flash mode
2. Run boot-purism-librem5.sh

shell script is basically uuu script

2 Likes

Yes it should, here is picture of ready to be used: Can't use L5 after update!. As root user:
./boot-purism-librem5.sh
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips – lib1.4.193

Success 1 Failure 0

2:1 3/ 3 [=================100%=================] SDPV: jump
3:1 10/10 [Done ] FB: Done

When Jumpdrive successfully executed do you see with: sudo fdisk --list (should show all your drives/partitions) Librem 5 eMMC?

This is correct procedure. Extract Jumpdrive archive and run things from my computer.

Within same folder, interestingly (informatively) very same VID and PID are within purism-librem5.lst (inside of Jumpdrive extract folder):
CFG: FB: -vid 0x316d -pid 0x4c05
CFG: SDP: -chip MX8MQ -compatible MX8MQ -vid 0x316d -pid 0x4c05

1 Like

I remembered that jumdrive depend of the kernel-emmc of the Librem 5 to boot, but i not sure.
So we need @joao.azevedo here to know how boot sd card with SO on Librem 5 to rescue.

1 Like

Now I understand why another VID and PID. @carlosgonz, thanks a lot for this information!

1 Like

jumpdrive uses it’s own kernel to boot, so it can boot even if the kernel on the Librem 5 is trashed.

So you can use these instructions up to point 9:

This can be done with a version of u-boot that I am not sure if it is still experimental or if it is already shipped by default. I’ll need to check.

2 Likes

jumpdrive doesn’t finish though, it’s stuck.

1 Like