Fan full blast after sleep, coreboot and Intel ME

Didn’t have the problem either, since several months (updated coreboot nearly instantly after the release, so this might be the reason)

1 Like

I had it again once in two or three months with v4.15-Purism-1. Now I updated to v.4.17-Purism-1, let’s see how this works out.

Today it happened again with 4.18-Purism-1. 4.17 had the problem as well.

I have a librem15 V3 and it didn’t happen for a while. I have now updated to Byzantium and when I activate the laptop after sleeping modes, The fanspeed is maximum again. I have updated the Corebooth and is now a bit better, but still it happens: the fanspeed maximixes after waking up. Any slotions?

Clean out the fans and if that does not help, do not use sleep modes.

The only time it happens is after waking up from sleeping mode, so something there must go wrong. It is strange that the first post here is from 2018 and that no solution is offered?

Today I had the full-fan-spinup-after-sleep problem today with coreboot firmware 4.21-Purism-1. This is the sixth firmware version I tried that exhibits the bug.

That bug was fixed in newer EC firmware.

Purism.

I have a Librem 13v3, and as far as I see on the Librem-EC page and the firmware-releases repository, there is no EC firmware update for my laptop (only for Librem 14).

If there is one, please point me to it.

I think the EC might even be closed (blackbox) on the Librem 13 - so probably the specific advice given (“fixed in newer EC firmware”) does not apply, and was given under the misapprehension that you have a Librem 14.

I guess that shows the limitations of “forum as support”.

2 Likes