FOSDEM 2024 talk by Sebastian Krzyszkowiak about USB suspend/resume bug affecting Librem 5

This new FOSDEM talk by @dos looks interesting!

11 Likes

I learned a fair bit about USB watching this, it was a great talk.

4 Likes

I just would like to know if Sebastian Krzyszkowiak has returned to work for Librem 5 via Purism?

Thanks.

3 Likes

@dos

We shall know soon.

1 Like

The previous time this came up: . thanks: about: purism: dorota czaplejewicz - #47 by dos

2 Likes

To be honest, this thread makes me hopeful that @dos has the full capabilities to Reverse Engineering the SpakLAN Propietary-Firmware to GNU GPLv3 Libre Software Firmware for L5.

fingers crossed already of course for…

1 Like

Let’s hope so, this half crash stuff is a bit frustrating when trying to use my Nexdock. I pretty much don’t bother using it anymore, not until this is fixed.

1 Like

Have you tested this Gnu Core 6.6.kasan?
Removed.

I untested. Be aware.

1 Like

No because I am using my phone as daily driver for my personal cell…so don’t want to mess around with it too much.

3 Likes

Please don’t. These are random branches I’m pushing to let the CI build the packages for me when I’m experimenting. There are all sorts of things in there that may break stuff or leave you vulnerable.

8 Likes

Thanks i will remove the link.

2 Likes

Hello @dos, what do you think when this issue will be fixed. For us who use the L5 as daily driver, it really annoying to have to hard reset the device every now and then, let’s say every 2nd day, sometimes even twice a day. Thank you for your dedicated work in any case.

3 Likes

Is Sebastian Krzyszkowiak back for Librem 5 formally via Purism?

Thanks

2 Likes

Looks like he may be doing some Librem 5/camera work: Sebastian Krzyszkowiak (@dos@librem.one) - Librem Social

2 Likes

That’s great and all, but the USB issue is really more important in my mind.

1 Like

These recent issues which Sebastian is also working on?

2 Likes

It is great that the development process at Purism is so transparent and totally in line with the free and open source software principles. You can follow the development here:

4 Likes

Dorota is also busy on global shortcuts but that won’t come before Dawn so probably late 2025.

1 Like

Thats really bad news for camera development for Librem 5. @dcz

:cry:

1 Like

No. Not yet at least. Part of it is a result of a donation, and other part is me scratching my personal itches when daily driving my L5.

The USB problem covered by this talk has been practically solved in the downstream tree since early 2023.

10 Likes