Gedit 'Preferences' option missing

It seems like the phone version of Gedit has no ‘Preferences’ as option. In my opinion, it is a must have to have it on the phone too.
Especially, when I use the Adwaita-dark from the App ‘GNOME Tweaks’ to Dark Mode the whole GUI and when using it with Gedit, The highlighted text in Gedit is white on white font, which makes the selected row unreadable.

2 Likes

Please don’t ask anything (just quick sharing of two screenshots) while nothing official yet:

1 Like

@Quarnero Looks like the Flatpak version 42.1 I just installed after not finding any way to adjust font size in the 3.38.1-1+pureos3 version from the Byzantium repo.

I haven’t had any issues so far with the Flatpak version 42.1, but I’ve only been using it for an hour. :slight_smile:

[Edit: the Flatpak version is great!]

Maybe Purism will package it for Byzantium?

1 Like

Yes for sure, sooner or latter. And I do hope that selected packages will reach Byzantium packages repository as those ready to be “attached” there, but this is just my personal wish, very same and positive like yours.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time for this post… I have wanted a quick text editor to write things down in a text format on my phone (as has been my habit for years) , but when I use dark mode (which is always) I can’t enable the oblivion color scheme as I use on my librem13
and then takes text entry from
which is quite unusable to
which is much easier to work with

I figured maybe I was not finding the obvious way to do such…

2 Likes

Cannot test (as focused on something else) but executing, actually opening gedit, on your current Librem 5 PureOS system under Terminal app: ~$ GTK_THEME=Adwaita:light gedit should allow you to work normally with Oblivion color scheme (on Gedit version 42.1), but not sure. Please let me know if so.

To general for me, I don’t understand where to go and what to do.
Sorry, and thank you for remembering the issue.

1 Like

Type this in the terminal and press enter and then see how your oblivion color scheme looks.

1 Like

I tried … and yes it made gedit blinding light… but still no preferences to allow me to toggle on that option… so I forcibly fixed it by syncing my preferences files from the desktop.

now the menu is there so I could select the right theme…

1 Like