Getting LibreOffice to work right on Librem 5

I am having a hard time getting LibreOffice to work well on the Librem 5. Has anybody been able to find a way to get it work better? I just don’t think it handles Phosh’s composer very well.

Thank in advance for any and all comments!

1 Like

is LibreOffice available for the arm64 architecture?

Yes, at Flathub.org

Did you use it with flatpack?

$ flatpak install flathub org.libreoffice.LibreOffice

And to run it with:

$ flatpak run org.libreoffice.LibreOffice

On Android and iOS there is some Smartphone Document viewer. I do not find a Version for Linux.

Personaly i like to convert Office files to pdf or epub and use them that way with a viewer on mobile or on my ebook directly.

$ libreoffice --headless --convert-to epub some_file.odt

Or use Tools like odt2text to read or search in odt files with command line tools over a terminal.

3 Likes

I started out using LibreOffice from the pureOS repos, but it never worked well, so I uninstalled it and went with the flatpak version instead. This version has worked much better for me and with the phone docked to a large screen it is almost as working with LO on my laptop, albeit somewhat slower.

1 Like

In my case, i have to install in addition the libreoffice-gtk3 from pureos. Then it works well

1 Like

I have used l libreoffice (writer / calc) every now and then in docked mode on the phone as well as under phosh on my laptop. Make sure you have libreoffice-gtk3 installed.

6 Likes

For the flatpak version too, or not needed?