GNOME Help window has white background and missing text?

Hi, All. I searched the forums a bit for anyone experiencing the same problem, but didn’t find anything. This leads me to think I’m missing something embarrassingly obvious. Sometime after a recent apt upgrade, I noticed any GNOME Help window I view now has dark text on a white background, a small amount of visible text, but the information seems incomplete.

Moving the mouse pointer over the window highlights areas, but unhides no further text, and provides no access to links to other help topics. In the screenshot of the window below, clicking anywhere under any of the three headings takes me nowhere. I’ve looked at config settings, but seem to have missed what I need to adjust following the update.

What silly thing am I missing?

GNOME-Help-Post-Update

I saw this as well a couple of days ago in GNOME Help (yelp) 3.26.0. It got fixed yesterday with the 3.28.0 upgrade. Sadly, man page formatting got wrecked a little bit because long lines don’t wrap anymore.

For those who didn’t know GNOME Help (yelp) will display man pages (because there’s no button or GUI for it), type CTRL-l (letter ell), then erase the:

help:gnome-help/index

or whatever else is in the box. This is a secret underground box that appears in the icon bar ABOVE the search box that appears when you hit the magnifying glass. Then type:

man:apt

or whatever other man page you like. Enjoy.

p.s. Forgot to say I’m running on a Librem 15 v3 running GNOME 3.28.0 under PureOS GNU/Linux 8

$ uname -a

Linux flip 4.15.0-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.15.11-1 (2018-03-20) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hi @nochelibre,

Update indeed fixed that problem. Thanks for the Ctl-l tip; I never knew!

Hi @clark, good to know yelp got fixed up for you as well. Happy to be of service!