GNOME-maps not accessing location services

Hello friends o/

I have done some edits to openstreetmaps and realised that the maps are very slow to update on the L5. And I also had problems login in my openstreetmaps account, in the app.
Looking on Flathub I see the gnome-maps is verified. So I removed the maps that are installed in the phone (sudo apt remove gnome-maps), and I install the flatpak.
I like :> the app is much newer, the maps themselfs are updated straight away and I can login into my openstreetmaps account. Flatpak really is the future.
Now the issue is, this flatpak is not showing my location on the map no matter how long I wait.
I looked into the L5 Settings → Privacy → Location and I see that this flatpak is not even requesting location.
I use the program Flatseal and I enable the gnome-maps flatpak to access location.
Now, I can see the gnome-maps application in Settings → Privacy → Location and turn location access on.
After opening gnome-maps I can see in Settings that it did access my location services (last accessed today). But the dot is still not showing on the map.

My question is, was there a hack made to make the gnome-maps debian package from the Purism repositories shows the location on the L5? Could I apply the same hack to the flatpak :thinking:?

1 Like

There’s a bug in xdg-desktop-portal that makes Flatpak applications using location portals unable to get accurate location. Apps that use Geoclue API directly, such as Pure Maps, will work in Flatpak though.

2 Likes

Thank you sir.
I will look into this. <3

1 Like