urgh !!! dude ! slow them posts ! :scream:

do it like this

open the ā€œterminalā€ app - just open app drawer in GNOME and search for it

then type (no need to sudo)

ss -pr > sspr.log

THEN upload it (the sspr.log file) here :cold_sweat:

you can find it in your home folder

1 Like

I donā€™t see any active remote connections. You said you installed on your desktop computer?

@mladen I read it as booted the live cd/installer cd did not actually go through the install process.

ā€œrunning latest PureOS live cd from desktop pcā€

Edited since it didnā€™t target my reply to your latest postā€¦

I did not install PureOS on desktop pc. It is running from live PureOS cd.

The installer perhaps communicates with external servers, what I would like to see is installed PureOS.

Just went over to check RATtrap website, Iā€™d say they are more likely the culprit than PureOS. Either of their hardware or software have Google/Apple fingerprints all over it. Obviously, RATtrap is in collaboration with those data sniffers, theyā€™re not an independent company since you could see their programs can be downloaded thru Google Play and Apple Store which is saying a lot.

show you different firewall log.

@uniqueNICK Please upload log file (copy pasta) to DistBin:
https://distbin.com

That way we all can see it in a much more manageable form.

• Thanks!

For those asking to see more information, or information a different way, wouldnā€™t it make more sense to perform your own tests and share those results? After all even with the complete logs from the OS and Firewall with timestamps thereā€™s no way to know theyā€™re from the same test (no offense intended to uniqeNICK, Iā€™m primarily playing devilā€™s advocate).

I havenā€™t gotten to run my own tests yet, but my intended setup is to create a VM and boot from the live CD but instead of using the firewall my plan is to give the parent OS access to the virtual nic and run a packet capture and see hat happens with just the live CD booting, just the settings being opened, and just opening purebrowser, and maybe try opening anything else I find with the pure prefix that implies Purism customization had happened.

@mladen I think that it does matter whether or not the live CD phones home in some fashion not just PureOS post install.

Personally I still suspect itā€™s something with purebrowser and the fact that it is customized Firefox with Google as an optional search provider.

We have a ticket for this here, so if anyone is interested into contributing, you are welcome: https://tracker.pureos.net/T712

6 Likes