Got my Mini today

Only in my first hour with it so far, but first impression - loving it. I had no experience with PureOS before now, and it’s better than I expected. There are tons of system monitors and metrics. Everything is running so quickly, no lag in any app.

Need to go looking for conda pycharm…

10 Likes

Welcome to the community, and lucky you!

I have now ordered a Librem Mini :slight_smile: This will be the 2nd hardware from Purism I’ve ordered, the other being the Librem 5.

Looking forward to the new hardware!

1 Like

I’m surprised actually, that these forums aren’t buzzing with Mini discussions. Congrats on your order.

So, after a day with the new Mini (minus a full work day today), I’ve become very fond of PureOS and the hardware. I’ve used Ubuntu and other Linux flavors in the past, as well as Raspbian on my Pis, but had no experience with PureOS before. It’s a great looking experience, and there are tons of software available. The hardware seems fantastic, nothing I’ve done has even challenged the system resources (I upgraded to 16gb RAM).

I hope to see more posts about the Mini, and using this any more is almost certainly going to prompt me to order a Librem 14 in the near future. :wink:

1 Like

It will probably pick up as more people get the Mini :slight_smile:

Purism has had a lot of news lately, with the Librem 14, the Librem 5 Dogwood getting ready to ship, etc. I’m always watching for L-5 news!

But I’m excited about the Librem Mini, their first desktop. I’m glad you’re enjoying it! With the Mini, I am going to more-or-less make the shift from Apple (my Macbook Pro) to Linux.

Thanks for your impressions of PureOS! I’m looking forward to getting to know that as well.

I received my Mini today too. Does it not have a TPM? Every time I go to reset the secret for my LibremKey the kernel panics and shuts down.

@randy.rowland – Sorry, I can’t help, I’m not using the Librem key

jan.this year its just little bit software while we can cvount. But now tons of software thsts you see. it lucky time you get min enjoy it.

Yes.

Could you please provide a photo/screenshot of the problem?

So, in answer to a question of “Does it not have a TPM?”, does that mean:

a) It does not have a TPM?

or

b) It has a TPM?

3 Likes

It has a TPM. Correction, see the last message.

4 Likes

so by the time we’re finished understanding what a TPM is and how it works will it STILL have a TPM ? :crazy_face:

Read here please: https://puri.sm/faq/what-is-tpm-and-do-i-need-it/

All our current laptop and server models have the TPM which is required for PureBoot.

EDIT: Correction, Librem Mini DOES NOT have the TPM chip, PureBoot is supported on it in a different way.

2 Likes