Half of user avatars missing in forum interface

I’m use chromium and can’t see half of user avatars.

One user who like this post missing.

End of message.

5 Likes

This just started happening to me on Firefox, too. I suspect a backend update to Discourse (the forum software) may be responsible

1 Like

Firefox 50.1.0 here, and I don’t see my “avatar” (which is the forum’s automatically allocated plain T) either in posts the list of threads or on the top-right of the page where I’d click on to access my profile drop-down menu. I can still click there to get to it, it’s just invisible.

EDIT: turns out that I can see my “avatar” next to my posts, just not in the thread list or on the top right.

hi there! :slight_smile:

the image paths are in the same form as ubuntu mate forum have, so i dont think its a forum engine upgrade.

for a browser related issue, its too simple, and its only half broken, so most likely nope.

hw error wouldnt make this mass destruction this precise.

an intruder wouldnt do this :smiley:

the existing pictures have a different base path, and the broken images have /letter_avatar_proxy/… path in common. check if its deleted or the permissions are wrong. maybe it can be also infrastructure related if its a different machine, check cables 1st, as this kinda error would be known if it would be a bad move from anyone around on the sw side… btw if that path refers to a different machine then anything could happen with it, so theres still some chance for a hw error finally…

good luck, i think it gonna be a simple but tricky fraud only :smiley:

update:

i could simply set a new avatar (it was hard to find anything suitable :smiley: ) so the infrastructure works well, but it looks like some data loss, or maybe just an unmounted folder, in case of the 1st, a raid would be hardly recommended!

1 Like