Has anyone seen anyone not working for purism with an L5 in the wild

Fixed.

Someone choosing not to post about something is not, in and of itself, evidence it hasn’t happened yet.

3 Likes

Someone choosing to not post about something they could brag about… maybe. A handful (even as few as five people) choosing to not post about something they could brag about… nearly impossible.

1 Like

Oh please! They will come in due time. If they are still not fully worked out in terms of full capabilities and hardware kinks, what do you expect to do other than admire your own unit, unless you have the prowess to write the software and fiddle with the hardware innards yourself?

1 Like

Certainly rather improbable. Cautious? I doubt that. Perhaps Birch deliveries will be seen in the next week and postings by December. I would be quite suspicious with the equivalent of ‘dead air’ concerning the device if no postings are seen by the beginning of the month.

You have read the resistor fun news entry, haven’t you? It explains why the shipping window had to be moved. I found that explanation quite credible.

I perceived it to be neither particularly off-topic, nor obnoxious, but rather… just funny. I’ll admit that I scratched my head at first, but maybe 15 seconds later the humor penetrated my thick skull.

I would be as baffled if it was hidden by moderators as I would if hidden by accumulation of user flags. Sometimes I actually believe that I am an alien fallen to earth. :alien:

4 Likes

hm … i don’t know if it’s THAT credible but it certainly beats not saying it (in this case) …

if anyone here payed money for librem one post #wherearethephones XD wanna see them ban someone for that make sure to @ the CEO

1 Like

@moderators: Can we merge all this “where are the phones now” threads into one, so I can save some time muting them?

8 Likes

Agreed 100%!!! Some of the people who post here are the ‘people’ I pretend not to be able to speak english with if forced to interact with in real life. I mean, how does one become so insulated ?!

1 Like

@peterpan It’s annoying, true, but then people were always annoying, especially concerning things that interest me. Don’t let it get to ya. Patience is key.

2 Likes

and you find a new pine phone video:

and librem 5?

English ? what are you talking about ? this is Aztec …

1 Like

English is the ancient precursor to Galactic Standard.

2 Likes

Aztec = A to Z tec speech or yeah English Standard Galactic … :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks purism :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For all your prior pessimism, Librem would seem to have put a tremendous investment in time in software development for Linux phone use which has moved upstream, even if it is not yet usable for any of us and has an early version of a User Manual (https://docs.puri.sm/Librem_5/Overview.html) which seems quite beyond the seeming need for a company spouting only some failed release of a smartphone.
I have already stated that my impression was that the major failing here was some overly simplistic projection of both needs and scheduling time for the project and a more reasonable goal being the middle of the upcoming year.
I do hope to have my device in the 3Q of 2020 or perhaps even a year from now. If it is workable and actually serves my needs in particular, I will be satisfied.
The cost is clearly excessive, but I (to my mind) consider the cost 50/50. I expect 50% of the cost for the phone itself and 50% as some support for Linux’s potential movement into some true telephonic utility. I know that a community effort to support such a device or other parallel efforts will not come without investment and expect that the phone’s software is a crowdfunding equivalent. All of this is acceptable, if perhaps problematic. Google, Facebook, Microsoft or Apple will not fund the business and Amazon would never make its product useful for others unless it could be profitable to Bezos and his minions.

4 Likes