Has Purism refunded you? Is Purism going insolvent?

New investments beat defamatory rubbish.

1 Like

So Purism doesnā€™t honor their own policies and FTC rules despite having the financial means to do so? How exactly does that put Purism in a better light?

3 Likes

Iā€™m making a fuss about misinformation.

Yep, totally I accept that. You are not the OP.

Loop back to 21 days ago. This topic is Groundhog Day.

Because Purism has to follow the law. See my first answer to this defamatory rubbish thread. If FTC actually instructed Purism to pay out the refunds it would be done with no delay. The thing is that FTC never instructed Purism to do this except in a few cases. The often repeated claim that Purism breaks FTC rules is nothing but the Illusory truth effect and defamatory rubbish.

You seem to have a weird understanding of how laws work. Itā€™s not job of the FTC to remind others to follow their rules. Itā€™s their job to establish those rules and fine companies if they violate them.

The rules are there, layed out in great detail and Purism is absolutely violating them. We donā€™t even know if and how often the FTC fined them for that. They probably didnā€™t do it enough, likely because there are bigger fish out there and too few users actually reported them.

3 Likes

More defamatory rubbish. Purism, Librem and Todd Weaver is squeaky clean at FTC.

1 Like

Can you quote the section(s) of the FTC rules which exempts Purism from having to provide prompt refunds in case of delayed orders?

2 Likes

Refuting perpetual defamatory rubbish? Sorry but thatā€™s a bad strategy.

Instead I trust FTC and their rulings.

Vertebra - Iā€™m not sure if you are really, really ignotant of the facts or acting in bad faith hereā€¦ you had the oipportunity to clarify your positiion but make references to FTC ā€œrulingsā€ which you refuse to provide any citation ofā€¦

Iā€™m going to give you the benifit of the doubt. You seem to be confusing the phrase ā€œruleā€ with ā€˜rulingā€™ā€¦

Here is a link to the FTCā€™s ā€œMail or Telephone Order Merchandise Ruleā€ which Purism is violating by refusing refunds for Librem5 orders.

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-16/chapter-I/subchapter-D/part-435

Do you trust this ā€˜ruleā€™ or is there some ā€˜rulingā€™ that supercedes this, and if so would you be willing to share it with us?

Assuming, again, that you are acting in good-faith here.

1 Like

Reads, to me, more like refusing to accept the rule could be violated since thereā€™s been no published ā€œweā€™re penalizing you for the violationā€ which is a bit like saying ā€œyeah I see someone going faster than all the people doing the speed limit, but theyā€™re not speeding because they havenā€™t been convicted in court for speeding yetā€ā€¦

ā€¦is that what you are saying @Vertebra?

Crimes are only commited if a culprit is convicted?

Iā€™ve read the rule and it looks to me like Purism is in violation. Have you read it? Do you dissagree?

Help us understand your position.

1 Like

I said Purism (The Company), Librem (The Product), and the CEO (Todd Weaver) comes up clean when you search on FTC.

Feel free to disagree with FTC who actually have the facts, legal competences and responsibility.

Thatā€™s not how this works. When Iā€™m running a red light Iā€™m already violating rules, even when no cop is watching and fining me.

2 Likes

FTC is watching for sure.

So youā€™re argumentation is based on an assumption that the FTC is aware of Purism and found no violation. Versus our argument is based on actually applying the FTC rules to the behavior of Purism.

I mean there are even examples of other companies which almost exactly did the same shit as Purism. Lily Robotics for example allowed people to pre-order drones, then had to delay the shipment (exactly like Purism did with their Librem 5 and 13) and then later got sued for violating FTC rules, since they had to aquire the consent of their customers for the delayed shipment and if no consent was given, provide prompt refunds, which they didnā€™t provide. Obviously the FTC didnā€™t intervene immediately, but now this company is gone.

2 Likes

Lily Robotics never shipped any products. Purism is shipping current products and developing new products.

1 Like

Please quote the section of the FTC rules which says something akin to ā€œThose rules donā€™t apply to you when you are shipping and developing new productsā€.

2 Likes

My point was any comparison between Purism and Lily Robotics is irrelevant.

1 Like

No, youā€™re saying the FTC rules donā€™t apply to Purism without providing a source for that. Lily Robotics was sued based the same rules which Purism is violating as well, hence the comparison is completely valid.

2 Likes

No, the heading has a factual core and a derivation from it. is therefore not plucked out of thin air. Your statement, on the other hand, defeats a possible discussion!

1 Like