Headphones - Built-in Audio device missing after wake from suspend on Librem mini

Having an occasional issue where the “Headphones - Built-in Audio device” device is missing from the the sound control panel Output Device drop-down menu after the system wakes from suspend.

I do have a Jabra EVOLVE Link MS headset plugged in via USB which is available and working.

The workaround is to unplug the Jabra USB headset connector, whereupon “Headphones - Built-in Audio device” immediately reappears and starts working.

Is anyone dealing with this issue and have you found a fix?

1 Like

No, are you using Byzantium or Crimson?

Running Crimson 11

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Okay, try reproducing the issue in Byzantium and see if it persists.

Reproducing with Byzantium is not going to be practical because I’d have to reinstall PureOS 10 from scratch on the mini.

I did some more thinking about this and noted that the headset is not connected directly to the mini, it’s connected via a monitor USB hub. Going to try and reproduce with USB headset connected directly to the computer.

1 Like

Or boot from external drive?

I guess it depends on how “occasional” the issue is.

1 Like

Didn’t think of external drive boot option.

Can I do that with PureBoot enabled?

1 Like

Yes, press any key within five seconds to access the PureBoot Boot Menu, select Boot Options → USB Boot → your USB drive → boot option.

I currently have restricted boot enabled so I think I’m going to have to go through the song and dance of disabling and re-enabling that feature to complete testing.

1 Like

I would expect some kind of problems (e.g. warning messages about “tampering”) but it should be doable.

1 Like