Help identifying this connector

can someone tell me what is the connector that wasn’t labeled in the wiki Wiki (mine is a v4, apparently it is the exact same board)

On the first pic, vertically, between the “K” for the label “keyboard connector” and the “wifi” label. There is a connector (partially under the black tape) which the silk screen labels as “kb_bl_con1”.

Thanks!

1 Like

No idea but I suggest you download the image and then annotate it using GIMP or otherwise with an arrow to point at what you are referring to and then post the image here - so that everyone is at least on the same page about which connector.

2 Likes

What the crude cyan arrows point to

3 Likes

My intuition states “keyboard backlight connection 1”.

2 Likes

Sounds a very plausible guess. Next question would be: Does the Librem 13 have a backlit keyboard? If not then I guess it’s just an unused connector, hence no need to label it.

1 Like

Random anecdote: I am in a dark room with my Librem 14 and the keyboard is glowing. 100% has a backlight. Not sure if Librem 13 is the same.

2 Likes

Yes:

1 Like

Next question would be: Is the backlight working on the OP’s laptop?

I mean I assume there’s some reason for the OP’s asking the question beyond idle curiosity - but that may be completely incorrect on my part.

1 Like

Yep, it was the backlight most likely. I did not disconnect it. And it has backlight alright and working.

My problem is that the keyboard is completely unusable (dead keys, others repeat ad nauseam) But i still need the power button. I had high hopes that those ribbons were for the special keys, but alas, no luck.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like