How can I temporarily disable Pure Boot on Librem 14 ? (so I can download IVPN?)

Hello,

I am brand new to Linux and brand new to the LIbrem 14. I would like to download IVPN. The instructions request disabling Pure Boot. Can someone please help me to do that with instructions for a novice? Also - is there an easy refernce for a beginner with instructions to frequent commands for Termminal, such as open a file in X directory, or open a file? Also, is there anyone who might be open to helping me with tutoring, to get acquainted with LInux/LIbrem 14? Thank you!

1 Like

Provide references to those instructions. You should not have to disable PureBoot to install any software.

1 Like

Nowhere in the official instructions (https://www.ivpn.net/apps-linux/) does it say to disable PureBoot. You can follow the Debian instructions, install the .DEB binary, or build from the source code.

1 Like

@UnitingLoveTogether As others said, this shouldn’t require doing anything to PureBoot to install IVPN.

I took a look over their instructions but I don’t see anything that I thought could be confused for a reference to PureBoot. If there’s something particular that you think might be related or are not sure, please feel free to quote that part and I’d be happy to clarify whether it relates to PureBoot.

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for your responses. I realized I was mistaken.

Thank you so much though!

1 Like