How Do We Add to Compatibility List for L5

I have something to donate to the the “Tested Accessories” page for the L5.

I have been using the along with monitor, keyboard and mouse to L5. I imagine the techs will want to verify my feedback on it.

Compatible are: (sorry - format here is best I can do to match tables in the Tested Accessories page. This GUI doesn’t allow even tables here.)

HUBS
Hoyoki USB-C Hub
Model: CB-C71

Description:
Connects Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor to L5 plus additional such as USB sticks, SSD,

Works:
Yes

Notes:
Runs hot. Hoyoki contact email has not responded.

KEYBOARDS:

Blackweb Wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo
Model: KS3-GMD

Description:
Wireless Silent Keyboard

Works:
Yes

Notes:
This keyboard combo mouse with same model KS3-GMD works with Hoyoki > L5

MICE:

Model:
Blackweb
Model No:
KS3-GMD

Description:
Wireless mouse part of combo with Blackweb keyboard (see Keyboards above)

Works:
Yes.

Notes:

This keyboard combo mouse with same model KS3-GMD works with Hoyoki > L5

Monitors/TVs:

Model:
Samsung
Model No.
S27B370

Notes:
I have also used several different USB drives/thumb/stick without issues. That is, USB drive to Hoyoki, L5 is to Hoyoki, & single dongle for mouse/keyboard combo.

3 Likes

Can you provide a product link for the keyboard/mouse combo? That way, I may not have to hassle you with questions.

I presume that the monitor “works”.

I can edit the tested accessories Wiki page for you.

3 Likes

Searching on ks3-gmd doesn’t work very well, but for some reason searching on ks3gmd does better, but all the hits seem to be liquidation sites in Canada.

2 Likes

I usually see Blackweb products in Walmart Supercentres in the electronics department.

1 Like

I’m pretty certain Walmart is not the manufacturer. Google just searches it’s catalogue and finds hundreds of the Blackweb combos - for sale.

1 Like

I am simply saying where I see the Blackweb products.

So perhaps this: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/blackweb-wirelesssilent-keyboard-and-mouse-combo/6000196792592

Can you connect this wireless combo keyboard/mouse directly to your Librem 5 (not via the dock) and get me the USB vendor and product id using lsusb or, failing that, connect via the dock and more carefully use lsusb to get the same info?

The USB vendor and product id are two 4-digit hex numbers separated by a colon e.g. like 1d6b:0003

1 Like

Not to manufacturer, but yes to specs - see the node :warning: icon below. I tried searching them out some time ago. I also looked through the Google catalogue to no avail.

Ask away. I ask a lot of things here and thought I’d give back what I can.

Yes.
Sorry I missed that. This editor doesn’t seem to allow tables and makes it hard to ape the Wiki tables. Tried to make it easy to copy & paste to Wiki.

I’m sure you may, and can and will. :slightly_smiling_face: Only, don’t do it for me. If you think the info helps - then gloriosky.

:warning: ()
The following is what I can attest to (I bought it from Walmart). Use this link for more detailed hardware info, and disclaimer.

•Quiet-touch / spherical dished keys - Low-profile full-sized keyboard with quiet touch keys, for accurate typing.
•Reliable 2.4GHz wireless - 2.4 GHz reliable connection with up to 30-ft (10 m) range, virtually no interference.
•Easy-access hot keys - Shortcut keys enable quick access to frequently used tools like email or audio controls.
•Easy 5-button clicking mouse - 5 clickable buttons.
•Nano receiver - Plug the nano receiver into your computer’s USB port and you are ready to work.

~s

3 Likes

That’s probably 4 pay grades above me :face_with_spiral_eyes:
Question. Would it be safe to use a cable with a USB A female on one end and a USB C male on the other plugging the nano into the USB A and the other in to the L5?
If it’s OK then,

turn L5 on, and > Terminal > type “lsusb” sans quotes?

Oh oh! Cops have house surrounded - gotta go - will check back tomorrow - byeeee
~s

Yes. That’s what I would recommend. However I personally use a small adapter (with the same connectors) rather than an actual cable. Either should work.

This is a good way to test USB peripherals against the Librem 5 in isolation. If you test via the dock and it doesn’t work, you never know for sure whether the problem is in the dock or in the peripheral (assuming that the problem is not with the Librem 5).

Yes.

:joy:

I’m sure they will let you execute one lsusb command before carting you off. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry it’s late.
Done. I just used a Logiix nano > Logiix adapter > L5

It might be as seen at Hardware for Linux site a MOSART Semi. 2.4G RF Keyboard & Mouse .

As requested:

Hope it helps ID the manufacturer of the Blackweb keyboard/mouse.

It was a cheap price at Walmart and is as it advertises. Nice soft and quiet keys,
ADDENDUM:
The nano has micro print on the connect part:

IC 618D - RXE
Model - RXE

~s

1 Like

@irvinewade
You asked me to provide some info on the rest of the equipment. That being the Blackweb keyboard/Mouse combo.
It’s in the one above this.
No rush.~s

1 Like

It’s already done.

1 Like