How long is the lifetime of Librem 5?

Quotation from Librem 5 crowd funding promotion page :

“When you purchase a Librem 5, you can be confident that we will continue to provide security updates, privacy improvements, bug fixes, and new features… for the lifetime of your device”

How long is the intended lifetime of Librem 5 for continued software support
(security updates, privacy improvements, bug fixes, new features, etc )

In other words :
Is there a specific time frame to which Purism is committed to provide
the abovesaid continued support ?

Possible duplicate:

In general, if Purism does not go bankrupt, expect 5 to 50 years :wink:

I think you can expect a very long support, something between 5 years and forever. :smile:

Even if Purism would go bankrupt, the phone will get security updates from Debian. So, untill the hardware dies, it will be usable and safe.

That assumes people continue to fix issues out of the goodness of their hearts for issues outside of the core OS (like a bug that is found in say the driver/firmware of the cellular modem). This also glosses over the “new features” part of purism’s statement.

While I do think this is possible the community will keep patches, fixes, etc coming indefinitely; I don’t think it is unreasonable for purism to define “lifetime” as that matters for understanding how long new features will be officially supported on old hardware. I wouldn’t want the lifetime to be 50 years because then there is an expectation that new developments will work on 50 year old hardware and limiting new features today to the hardware limit of the 386 is a bit unreasonable.