How to get recent Firefox on PureOS without compiling?

I’m want to get the latest stable release onto my Librem13, but I can’t find out how I would be able to do that.I found some info on compiling, but that is really too hardcore for me to install a browser. Plus, I don’t want to be compiling that all the time.

I can’t find any info on the correct apt repo, snap, or flat with which I can install the latest firefox.

Can anybody help me out?

I would try find some guide how to install it on Debian. Just be careful from which sources you download it.

This Firefox Quantum installation guide will show you how. The Debian Firefox Wiki is also useful.

Remember that if you need a certain version of software which is not in the PureOS free repo, you need to find the repo, add it to your /etc/apt/sources.list, install (or update) the software and then comment out or delete that line. Otherwise you may unwittingly install or update additional software from its non-liberated repo.

I like to keep a directory /etc/apt/sources.list.d for software-specific sources.list files for all my non-free software. You could have /etc/apt/sources.list.d/firefox-stable.list, for example.

1 Like