How to properly remove "Librem 5 Tour"

So, I can clean this up via the cli no prob. However, it is irritating me that the Librem 5 Tour is listed in the PureOS store with an uninstall option and the app responds with “Unable to uninstall … no package to remove”.

Is this what is supposed to happen? Is the L5 Tour link an actual package or not? Is the PureOS app suppose to uninstall it?

Just curious what the verdict on this is around here.

1 Like

I only know that failing to uninstall system applications through the PureOS Store is the expected behavior.

2 Likes

ROFL. Okay, so it’s not just me. Thx.

1 Like

You can uninstall everything via command line. sudo apt remove xyz … just replace xyz with the real name of the application (you may need to find out the real name first, since it’s not always what you read on app-grid). Not 100% sure, but in this case it could be sudo apt remove phosh-tour. I removed all that stuff months before, so I don’t remember exactly.

Same with parent control etc. Find out the name and remove it via terminal if you don’t need it.

2 Likes

sm.puri.PhoshTour

See: Tutorial: List your Desktop/Home Screen Applications

Although Kyle Rankin’s method (linked within that thread) calls it simply phosh-tour, which I just confirmed with apt search phosh-tour.

2 Likes

Maybe this needs to be a question on first boot of the Librem 5 i.e. for whether random extra stuff is automatically installed at first boot (may be good for new users, not to have to think about searching for, finding and installing software) or whether only to have whatever is pre-installed (the basics).

Otherwise we’ll just have more questions like: what’s the actual package name of X so that I can uninstall it?

1 Like

I am sure that when time / resources allow they will fix the store to allow uninstallation. It is listed there, just the app store is a bit buggy.

1 Like

Even via a future working GUI, it’s extra hassle uninstalling things that I didn’t want installed.

2 Likes