I am unable to move my open windows via the mouse

As you can see from my numerous posts, I am having a few challenges with my new device. The next one is, I cannot move any windows via the mouse using drag and drop. Can anyone tell me if this is a common thing on this device? Currently, I am stuck leaving the window open the exact location they open on the screen.

Any help will be awesome.

Thanks you.

I fiddled with the touchpad and think it is either the famous screw loose or something with the software. It is working for the moment.

I am incorrect. It has happened again. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Which desktop environment / window manager are you using?

It is with the new Librem15 I purchased. I have been toying with it. The mouse if ultra tricky. I have to click directly on top to move items. If my fingers are slanted at any angle, it is pretty much a done deal.

Don’t get me wrong. I love this laptop. I am a stickler for excellence. I know it won’t be perfect, but as close as one can be.

I had a MacBook before my Librem, and the touchpad was hard for me to get used to. I got into the habit of using my thumb to click and my index finger to drag (while my thumb maintained contact with the trackpad;) if I do that on the Librem, nothing moves. I had to retrain myself to remove my thumb from the equation when clicking and dragging, and I haven’t had any trouble since. It might also be worth going into the Settings application and seeing if adjusting the trackpad settings does any good.

that is exactly my issue with the Librem :-). I figured it out after some various try and error. This is an awesome machine. My other laptop before this one is a Dell XPS13 Developer. The touchpad was just that…touchey. I had to do a lot systems editing to get it right.