I get no sound on phone calls

When making phone calls I cannot hear the other person. My kill switches are not set off and the settings are fine. I can listen to music and sound on videos in different apps, just not the phone app. I have contacted support 4 times with no response. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

2 Likes

Have you tried doing an update? Did this issue happen after an update?

1 Like

When you are on a call, what shows in the dropdown sound settings?

3 Likes

I have a similar problem, people do not hear me when I call them on a landline phone, on mobile phones they hear me. I think it started happening in the last week or two.

1 Like

I had the issue occur once, and adjusting from that dropdown fixed it… I’d accidentally turned the volume down of the Handset volume mode.

3 Likes

@JCS will escalate your issue.

It started right after an update. I just updated again today and the problem is still there. Also, there is no sound when playing any music, website video/audio, nothing. I did check the drop down when on calls and it is set up at full volume.

1 Like

The volume is set to full volume.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Which output device is selected?

2 Likes

The handset. I have tried all of them. I also do not get any sound from any media file, website, etc. This started after an update about a month ago. I have tabled the phone until I can get sound to work so I do not get on it often.

2 Likes

Just recently there was another thread where we troubleshooted similar issue. See if you can apply any of those hints: Audio Failure___! - #12 by Photon First thing to check would be, does sound work via headset/mic, what does sound settings say (screencap would be nice) and see what else is mentioned in the other thread.

1 Like

I looked at that posting but I do not have any of that software installed. My set up is plain out of the box. Attached is a screen shot of my sound settings.

2 Likes