Hello, I haven’t used my Purism laptop for a while and was surprised to see that PureBrowser is gone now and replaces with Firefox. My question is, what happened to my saved login/passwords and bookmarks that were saved on PureBrower? Is there any possible way to recover it?
I had posted the answer to Reddit. The short version for those pretty good at Unix stuff:
- Launch FireFox ESR (not sure if this is necessary, but you do need the
~/.mozilla/firefox/*_default-esrdirectory to exist).
- There should now be exactly one directory in response to
ls -d ~/.mozilla/firefox/*_default-esr. Make note of this directory path which I’ll refer to as
- Remove all the files in this directory like
rm -r $mozdir/*. Also remove any
.files found when you
cd $mozdir; ls -a. (I found
- Copy everything in your PureBrowser directory over (including hidden
cp -R ~/.purism/purebrowser/*.default/* $mozdir. Again, copy any hidden files.
- When you next launch Firefox ESR it should have all your bookmarks, preferences, tabs, etc.