Image hosting websites

I’m just curious to see if there is a popular image hosting website that most folks use on this forum for hosting pictures within their threads? I’m about a decade out of sync for using such said topic.

Please share what one you use.

Thanks

pic

I don’t think it is needed in this forum, is it?

I don’t think he wants to use it for the forum, rather he’s looking for suggestions from within the forum.

Obvious ones are things like imgur. However, this being the Purism forum, you may be looking for aomething built with Free Software that respects your privacy.
I don’t know if such a service exists.

I’d beinterested in one like this, that maybe strips out JPEG EXIF data upon upload or similar things.

Good point but that’s called (non-existent?) web browser functionality. Privacy requirements aren’t really met if the destination web site strips out the JPEG metadata. It has to be stripped out before it leaves your computer. Facebook strips the metadata and I don’t think anyone would describe that as a privacy-respecting web site.

Are there any browser extensions / add-ons that do this automatically?

Good point. Otherwise you must place 100% trust in the service.

There was an image site called “privacyinfinity” (i.privacyinfinity.com) that stripped down EXIF data and uploaded it, it contained no trackers or third party javascript. But it shutdown a while ago. I wish it could come back! :'c

Otherwise I use:

Postimage - Doesn’t contain any third party javascript trackers.
But use Google Cookies, to serve ads and analytics. Which is bäääääd.

Remarketing with Google AdSense
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
Demographics and Interests Reporting
DoubleClick Platform Integration

But they say, “We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice.
But clearly they can sell it: “We allow third-party behavioral tracking by trusted partners.”

But the Terms of Use:

“What cannot be uploaded to Postimage.org servers:”

• Copyrighted images if you don’t own the copyright and are not licensed to do so.
  • Violence, “hate speech” (i.e. demeaning race, gender, age, religious or sexual orientation, etc.), or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization.
  • Images that are threatening, harassing, defamatory, or that encourage violence or crime.
  • Any images that might be illegal in the USA or EU, such as child sexual abuse, or public exposure (“doxxing”).
  • Adult imagery is not allowed.