An improvement to the Librem 14 that is simple and cheap is to extend the labeling of the hardware kill switches and LEDs to help identify the position of the side-mounted ports. I marked the location of my ports with a silver sharpie and it is much easier now to insert cables. Purism should start doing this.
Oh, hmm… interesting idea!
Just a dot or also a kind of symbol / icon which port it is?
@francois-techene, what do you think from design team perspective?
Cheers
nicole
I agree that the little symbols for each port would be fantastic.
Yes, please.
Indentifying ports in the dark has also been a problem. Especially the “Power” button which I have to find by “feel”. Once the screen glows, it is a little better.
Phosphor ink? The kind that retains a little glow once you turn the light off?
yes! yes! yes!!! just do it! best suggestion (benefit to cost ratio) i’ve seen on the forum for a long time.
