Installing / using fluffychat

Fluffychat used to work previously (flashed phone since then and haven’t used fluffychat in a while)

I tried running fluffychat again with current setup and I see

** (fluffychat:2): CRITICAL **: 10:08:36.199: Failed to read XDG desktop portal settings: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.portal.Error.NotFound: Requested setting not found

** (fluffychat:2): CRITICAL **: 10:08:36.214: Failed to read XDG desktop portal settings: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.portal.Error.NotFound: Requested setting not found
[ERROR:flutter/runtime/dart_vm_initializer.cc(41)] Unhandled Exception: MissingPluginException(No implementation found for method SystemTheme.accentColor on channel system_theme)
#0      MethodChannel._invokeMethod (package:flutter/src/services/platform_channel.dart:294)
<asynchronous suspension>
#1      SystemAccentColor.load (package:system_theme/system_theme.dart:86)
<asynchronous suspension>

No provider of glFenceSync found.  Requires one of:
    Desktop OpenGL 3.2
    GL_ARB_sync
    OpenGL ES 3.0
    GL_APPLE_sync

Is there some issue on my end or is it pureos or fluffychat related?

I have the same glFenceSync error but with a different app, Foliate.

do u know if it uses flutter language? If not then maybe OS side issue?

Foliate uses JS+GTK. I tried another (Flatpak) app Nheko and that crashes as well, though the error seems to be less helpful. Nheko uses Qt.

These apps stopped working after updating my system today. The last time I updated it was maybe 2 days ago.

i think phosh update changed something

On a different Librem 5 that wasn’t updated, I tested the same apps before updating and they worked. I only ran flatpak update which updated the GNOME runtime. Now the apps I mentioned are crashing on launch. I still haven’t applied the latest system updates so it is a Flatpak/Flathub issue.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, hopefully there is update soon.

Are there any other details I can provide?
OR
Is there proper channel where I should ask about this issue?

I got Foliate to work by disabling GPU acceleration from Flatseal. Hopefully you can do the same to get Fluffychat to work.

By default GPU acceleration is not checked, so I’m assuming I can’t even enable that

if you tried running fluffychat on your librem 5 ad got a crash, you can try disabling “all devices” in flatseal too. that made it run for me.

1 Like

I’ve stopped using Fluffychat since they stopped updating flatpak version (arm). I’ll try it again sometime in future and let you know if this helps

1 Like

I was having the same error with Foliate when trying to open an epub file. Disabling the GPU acceleration using FlatSeal did the trick, thanks!

1 Like