Is there a way to use Spotify on the L5?

I know this will be frowned upon by many L5 owners, but I would like to be able to listen access my Spotify account on my L5 (either via an app or through the website).
Does anyone know how to do this?
I thought it would sufficient to enable DRM content in Firefox, but this option seems to be missing from the settings menu.
Is there another way?
Thanks in advance.

You can edit these settings in the about:config url.
For drm settings it seems that you need to check if the setting media.eme.enabled is set to “true”.

However it might be that this step is not enough. You need to search the web for more info.

Ah, ok. In the regular version of Firefox this option resides in the settings menu. I’ll check out the about:config, and will get back to you on this.
Than for now.

I enabled all of the media.eme options in about:config. No luck, I’m afraid.
Firefox keeps looping whilst trying to open Spotify’s web player.
Ill wait for the app then… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I believe Spotify has a flatpak.

What I also tried, is installing Clementine. I took the chance it would not fit the L5 screen, because Lollypop might fit the screen, but it doesn’t fit the bill when it comes to the options.
The result so far, is that Clementine is a workable music player, even if it does not really fit the screen (it does when scaled to 125%). But the Spotify login does not work.

Ow, i missed your reply. I’ll try and install it.

Do you happen to know the command for that?

I tried
sudo flatpak install com.spotify.Client
and (after adding the flathub)
sudo flatpak install flathub com.spotify.Client.

But, no-luck: Can’t be found either way

The application Spot works quite well, but you have to rotate the screen sometimes in order to see everything

Where can I find Spot?

Think I found it.

Great! That worked!
Thanks a bundle!

1 Like