Issue with upgrade to PureOS 10 Byzantium

Good eve,

yeterday I ran an upgrade on my Librem 15v3 which installed a new kernel image (5.10.0-7) in the boot folder, and now my laptop isn’t able to boot into the default installation. Initially I would get the following error,

VFS unable to load root fs on unknown-block

which I found to be related to missing initramfs images. I was able to use the grub menu at boot time to load into one of my recovery kernels (I have 4.19.0-14 and 5.10.0-6 still working), and proceeded to rebuild the initramfs and update grub.

However, this still does not work, and I now get the following error,

attempt to read or write outside of disk ‘hd0’

I have to use my live CD to boot into my laptop.

I found various forums suggesting I check if my grub root partition setup are valid, they are set to

set root='hd0,gpt3'

I am able to list the partition and it /boot folder when loading the grub shell from the grub menu, so the partition works fine.

Any suggestion what else I need to check?

After shutingdown my laptop for a while, I am able to restart and boot into the main installation.

I proceeded to reinstall the kernel image,

sudo apt install --reinstall linux-image-5.10.0-7-amd64

it runs with any errors, but I get a list of warnings…

dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libdleyna-core-1.0-3:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libdns1104:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libjte1' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libnftables0:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libfilezilla0' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libprocps7:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libisc1100:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'liblouisutdml8:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'liblouis17:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libusbmuxd4:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libhavege1:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libjim0.77:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libisc-export1100:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libdns-export1104' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed

could this be linked to the error I reported in the first thread?