I've got my Librem 5. What should I install on it? :)

Huzzah! :fireworks::sparkler::tada::confetti_ball::boom:

2 Likes

I would love to see how Lollypop works on the phone. There’s an old version in PureOS (I am not sure about the PureOS for the phone, there seems to be different repositories for phone and computer), but I have packaged a fresh release candidate for the upcoming 1.2 in Debian experimental.

1 Like

They did show Lollypop running on the dev kit, in July:

1 Like

Oh - thanks! I am not paying enough attention obviously, sorry.

Even though it was shown on the dev kit, I think it would still be nice to see a demo of Lollypop running on the real phone. Also, in that video you could not hear the music actually playing.

3 Likes

Maybe because of a copyright problem. LOL.

“i’ve got my librem 5. what should i install on it ?”

Calibre for e-books and e-book lovers … > https://calibre-ebook.com/about

1 Like

He did it already but he didn’t shows how it works yet

3 Likes

So, did you get to play with it enough and figure stuff out ?
VoLTE on your ATT ? Tried other carriers, perhaps? Speed tests ?

1 Like

@BryanLunduke any chance of getting more hard info, impressions, analysis, pics, measurements, videos…?

5 Likes

3 weeks after… nothing installed ?

4 Likes

He was probably told to wait for a newer batch and remain silent til then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no something definately got installed like … heat :wink:

4 Likes

not his phone, there are only 2 prototypes from Todd Weaver out there. Why is there no person posting his phone? Because never shipped 1 phone. where are our phones?

1 Like

hopefully back in the factory to get hardware “bugs” sorted out :wink:

6 Likes

Delayed. The choice is between a late product, or an incomplete one. Getting impatient, angry, and applying public pressure can’t change the fact that this is a challenging project to complete at all, let alone on time and on budget.

Why are you in such a hurry?

13 Likes

in a hurry to “force” Purism to release the Librem 5 before every hardware “bug” has been fixed so that we can collectively have a reason to frag-grenade on r/Purism on their inability to “deliver” … :smiling_imp: … ugh i’m just tired … nevermind :weary:

4 Likes

Not in a hurry just worried about the financial state of purism and whether or not the even have the competence to complete the project. Like fr very concerned after hearing engineers talk about radio problems. I feel like they are funding the phone with orders from other folks.

There are people in these forums that are in the Birch batch, so we will start getting reports on how good the phone is soon.

As to funding those who ordered in the past with new orders, I assume the component cost of the phone is not $699. Probably more like $300 or so.

Purism could actually do what you suspect and come out ahead in the end. Not to mention they sell computers too. Not that I’m saying Purism is following that model, just that it would work, and might help out with the ton of research that went into this.

Since we arein the Birch shipping window now, we should start seeing some early phones within the next couple of weeks. Not long to wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly ? I think the slew of ex employees telling some disturbing tales is making people nervous .

2 Likes