Just got the Librem 13 can't update

Just got the Librem 13.

When i try to do any updates I’m getting some errors.

But first when I went through the initial setup proces I enabled encrption and entered a password. Went through the rest of the seup process, and clicked begin using PureOS.

This left me with a grey background it seemed like GNOME never finished loading. So I used the power icon in the top right corner to restart.

When it restarted it started the setup procedure again. I again setup an encryption password, and this time it finsihed and the desktop loaded.

However when restarting I am never prompted to enter the encryption password.

With all that said this is the error I am getting when trying to update:

[sudo] password for phasewind:
Hit:1 https://repo.puri.sm/pureos green InRelease

(appstreamcli:2944): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:08:58.006: g_variant_builder_end: assertion ‘!GVSB(builder)->uniform_item_types || GVSB(builder)->prev_item_type != NULL || g_variant_type_is_definite (GVSB(builder)->type)’ failed

(appstreamcli:2944): GLib-CRITICAL **: 18:08:58.006: g_variant_new_variant: assertion ‘value != NULL’ failed

(appstreamcli:2944): GLib-ERROR **: 18:08:58.006: g_variant_new_parsed: 11-13:invalid GVariant format string
Trace/breakpoint trap
Reading package lists… Done
E: Problem executing scripts APT::Update::Post-Invoke-Success ‘if /usr/bin/test -w /var/cache/app-info -a -e /usr/bin/appstreamcli; then appstreamcli refresh-cache > /dev/null; fi’
E: Sub-process returned an error code

Thoughts? Anyway for me to restart the setup script again, and this time just not enable disk encryption on the home drive?

Nope my problem was simply libappstream4.

Why this is a problem is beyond me, but I hope this helps anyone avoid going through hoops.

Also according to support you could also use a:
sudo apt install --reinstall libappstream4

Sure enough once I had removed it and then reinstalled it I had no further problems. Curious but simple in the end.

:+1:

Okay, I had this problem as well. I fixed it with:

sudo apt upgrade – which showed that there was a conflict with a package that couldn’t upgrade. In my case, it was libavcodec-extrra57. I did a “sudo apt remove libavcoded-extra57”, then a “sudo apt upgrade” which was successful.