L14 - Display is Black (Not booting)

Good evening!

Got back from a work trip. Opened up my L14 and knew the battery was dead so left plugged into charge via USB-C charger. 6hrs later went to power on laptop but display is blank. When i press the power button i see the keyboard LEDs turn on then off, the toggle switches work, and the battery indicator light is white. Tried pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds and then powering on. Nothing.

When on I did hear some coil whine from near the CPU on the machine. Other than that I have no idea what could be going on. I did though recently install L14 Bios version 30.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Try reseating the battery, then turning on the laptop again.

Nada :confused: Left battery unplugged for a couple mins and nothing.

1 Like

Try the reverse situation by removing the battery while powering the Librem 14 via AC or USB PD.

To confirm: Unplug battery and try to power on Via USB-C or AC?

1 Like

Yes, we need to know if the battery is the cause of the issue or not.

okay.

Tried powering on via USB-C … Nothing. Don’t have AC brick with my at the moment to test.

1 Like

Okay, once you have access to the AC power adapter, test it against the Librem 14 and let us know the results.

1 Like

Interesting thing i discovered… upon inspection one of the cells is bloated so… battery looks more like a probability?

1 Like

Maybe, in that case the battery should remain separated until you know whether or not the AC power adapter works with the Librem 14. Once we have those results, I can suggest a plan of action for your circumstances at that point.

Can do!! Thank you so much for your help on this! Always nice to have a second brain working on HW issues!!

1 Like

Morning!

Tested with battery unplugged and AC brick plugged in. No screen. It does look like its trying to power on, just the display is black.

1 Like

Without battery plugged-in it can boot 30 sec after pushing the power button. Also try switching sides of USB-C if you use it for power.

1 Like

Tried both USB-C and AC Power brick… nothing…

1 Like

Yea, will the all the troubleshooting… no display

1 Like

Whats the best way to go about contacting purism for a repair?

1 Like

Via email:

1 Like

Thank you for all you help!!

1 Like

How long does it usually take for Purism to reply to a support request like this?

1 Like

Longer than you will want.

2 Likes