L14 - Display is Black (Not booting)

Nada :confused: Left battery unplugged for a couple mins and nothing.

1 Like

Try the reverse situation by removing the battery while powering the Librem 14 via AC or USB PD.

To confirm: Unplug battery and try to power on Via USB-C or AC?

1 Like

Yes, we need to know if the battery is the cause of the issue or not.

okay.

Tried powering on via USB-C … Nothing. Don’t have AC brick with my at the moment to test.

1 Like

Okay, once you have access to the AC power adapter, test it against the Librem 14 and let us know the results.

1 Like

Interesting thing i discovered… upon inspection one of the cells is bloated so… battery looks more like a probability?

1 Like

Maybe, in that case the battery should remain separated until you know whether or not the AC power adapter works with the Librem 14. Once we have those results, I can suggest a plan of action for your circumstances at that point.

Can do!! Thank you so much for your help on this! Always nice to have a second brain working on HW issues!!

1 Like

Morning!

Tested with battery unplugged and AC brick plugged in. No screen. It does look like its trying to power on, just the display is black.

1 Like

Without battery plugged-in it can boot 30 sec after pushing the power button. Also try switching sides of USB-C if you use it for power.

1 Like

Tried both USB-C and AC Power brick… nothing…

1 Like

Yea, will the all the troubleshooting… no display

1 Like

Whats the best way to go about contacting purism for a repair?

1 Like

Via email:

1 Like

Thank you for all you help!!

1 Like

How long does it usually take for Purism to reply to a support request like this?

1 Like

Longer than you will want.

2 Likes

Normally under 6 hours, but current circumstances are different:

1 Like

Ahh good to know!! Thank you once again! Yea normally things are pretty fast, but hey, sometimes that IT Ticket wave will be big!

1 Like