Librem 11 Won’t turn on

Hi all - first I feel lucky to have gotten one of these quickly. The other day I left it off and unplugged for a few days while traveling and now it won’t turn on. I plugged it in 6 hours ago and it doesn’t appear to be charging and still won’t turn on. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Like

Try holding the power button for 15 seconds.

Did this ever work for you, @Boomroom ? I just got my Librem 11 and it also does not start. I even charged it overnight to be safe, but it still doesn’t start.

2 Likes

Did you try my suggestion above?

Yes, I held the power button for more than 15 seconds, but it did not turn on.

2 Likes

Did you plug it into a charger and confirm the green light turns on, in case the battery is dead?

Holding power for 15 seconds forces it off (in case it is frozen and unable to wake), did you try turning it on again after that?

1 Like

Yes, it’s plugged in and the light is green. I push the power button, but nothing happens and screen is black. Is the power light red? I don’t get any red light. I’ve tried this several times and waited, but nothing happens,

1 Like

The power light is blue, it’s not particularly bright so it might not be obvious unless you check for it. (The charge light is red when charging, green when not charging.)

You do have to hold the power button for about a second or so to turn it on, but I’m guessing you’ve already been doing that since you have powered it on before. If it’s still not working, please contact support@puri.sm to determine if there is a problem with your device.

2 Likes

Try with Another Gnuine Charger and Cable.

1 Like

Ok, so it took me an entire day BUT here’s the big one. Do NOT use a PD brick - that’s the issue. Use an old school one with a high quality USB c plug (preferably the one that came out of the box). That works, and multiple other bricks don’t work.

1 Like

Watch out for PD and other chargers. Use the one that came out of the box or one you know works and isn’t PD

1 Like

Great, mark your post as a solution.

1 Like

This.

Or, failing that, consult specifications. The following post and subsequent discussion covers what the Librem 11 requires: L11: Charging from powerbank Anker A1281 - #6 by jonathon.hall

Then you would need to consult the specification of the power source to ensure that it

a) supports the required voltage, and
b) can provide enough current (enough power) at that voltage.

1 Like